MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Open Community Team Meeting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
+1 for a UK event since as Euan said there's a pretty big majority of active members and team members based over here.
(2016-08-19, 10:08 AM)Marisa Wrote: [ -> ]+1 for a UK event since as Euan said there's a pretty big majority of active members and team members based over here.

Except for me, it'd seem... Toungue
(2016-08-19, 06:59 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-18, 10:34 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]We're hitting the message history limit as we're currently on a free tier

The question is that how far do we really need to go back? I mean; I can see within the team having a use for it, but for public group chat, I can't see the need for it.

Pretty sure they are talking about internal use.
I will join for the meetup, well, If virtually the +1 for skype
The issue with slack is, if we open up a public access community channel, and you post 3000 messages over the space of a week, that leads to staff discussions being pushed off due to the 10,000 message limit. An alternative would be a second slack space for the public chat but ideally were considering moving from slack internally also. Ideally we want a single platform where we can administer both public and private chat.
(2016-08-19, 01:35 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-19, 06:59 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-18, 10:34 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]We're hitting the message history limit as we're currently on a free tier

The question is that how far do we really need to go back? I mean; I can see within the team having a use for it, but for public group chat, I can't see the need for it.

Pretty sure they are talking about internal use.

I was pretty sure the message cut off was per channel rather than per account. Tom has, of course, just proved me wrong.
I've added a poll to the thread, if you could all vote it would give me an idea if this would be worthwhile or not.

Just a note: It would likely be in the UK and be in 2017 at some point.
(2016-08-19, 07:04 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]The issue with slack is, if we open up a public access community channel, and you post 3000 messages over the space of a week, that leads to staff discussions being pushed off due to the 10,000 message limit. An alternative would be a second slack space for the public chat but ideally were considering moving from slack internally also. Ideally we want a single platform where we can administer both public and private chat.

https://discordapp.com/

If you need help setting up a server, lemme know! (it's like slack, but minus the restrictions)
(2016-11-29, 03:46 AM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-19, 07:04 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]The issue with slack is, if we open up a public access community channel, and you post 3000 messages over the space of a week, that leads to staff discussions being pushed off due to the 10,000 message limit. An alternative would be a second slack space for the public chat but ideally were considering moving from slack internally also. Ideally we want a single platform where we can administer both public and private chat.

https://discordapp.com/

If you need help setting up a server, lemme know! (it's like slack, but minus the restrictions)

They're ahead of you. https://community.mybb.com/thread-198398.html
(2016-08-18, 01:21 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-18, 01:18 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I'd actually recommend having the meeting over Skype or Zoom.  It'll cost less money and more people can get be involved.

This might also be a possibility. We are currently looking at other options to replace IRC or make more use of it to get more involved with the community.

Why not host the meeting on the MyBB Discord Server? It'd require less planning since everyone is already there and they could just remember to be on at the time and all would be good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5