MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB Group launches new MyBB website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I love the new site. The lego image though...why?
To represent the community feeling.
Nice stuff with the Lego stuff!

Colors don't seem to match really though; yellow in the midst of a yellow-orange/blue website..

Anyways, it's much easier to browse and feels more community-like Wink
xtrafile Wrote:Nice stuff with the Lego stuff!

Colors don't seem to match really though; yellow in the midst of a yellow-orange/blue website..

Anyways, it's much easier to browse and feels more community-like Wink

imo yellow and a lighter shade of blue mix really well
Love the new design and the choice to render differently to modern browsers and older browers. You've given me the urge to go and do this on my future sites now, as it's not really too much work when you sit down and think about it Smile

The LEGO header that seems to be getting mixed responses - I think this is a case of "you either get it or you don't".

I get it, it shouts out to me "COMMUNITY" (as well as maybe "smiley/emoticon" Big Grin) which covers what forum software is about completely. After all, when we're posting on forums, we are just a bunch of talking heads who've come together for discussion.

It works on so many levels - two thumbs up!

As for folks asking why the forum software doesn't represent the site yet - do you guys really know how much time goes into completely re-skinning almost every single template to make these massive changes? It's not just like changing a colour scheme y'know Wink Plus I imagine the next major release will have many changed templates anyway, so why re-skin which in turn can delay development and have to re-skin again fairly soon?
Peter Burlingham Wrote:As for folks asking why the forum software doesn't represent the site yet - do you guys really know how much time goes into completely re-skinning almost every single template to make these massive changes? It's not just like changing a colour scheme y'know Wink Plus I imagine the next major release will have many changed templates anyway, so why re-skin which in turn can delay development and have to re-skin again fairly soon?
I've always found it extemely easy to adapt MyBB's default skin to my site layout's, which is all they need to do here. Sure, it may not fully fit in with the rest of the site, but at least the site design is there. To me it is just a 5 minute job of playing with the header and footer templates.
Orry Verducci Wrote:
Peter Burlingham Wrote:As for folks asking why the forum software doesn't represent the site yet - do you guys really know how much time goes into completely re-skinning almost every single template to make these massive changes? It's not just like changing a colour scheme y'know Wink Plus I imagine the next major release will have many changed templates anyway, so why re-skin which in turn can delay development and have to re-skin again fairly soon?
I've always found it extemely easy to adapt MyBB's default skin to my site layout's, which is all they need to do here. Sure, it may not fully fit in with the rest of the site, but at least the site design is there. To me it is just a 5 minute job of playing with the header and footer templates.

People, stop complaining about the forum theme and the site theme not matching. They were NEVER matching before and they aren't now so I have no clue why people are making it a problem now. It's been stated before, and I'll state it again. The theme redesign WILL be done for a future version.
I see I didn't post it yet: The new design is fantastic!
Congrats for the whole site design and acessibility, it´s amazing Cool
Yes, but that's not completely re-skinning is it? That's just wrapping your design around it - two very different things that are many many hours of work apart from each other Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9