MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Really waiting for the gold update...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hi.
I am really wondering when will the update come as i would like to fix the problem with not being able to post message when in guest mode.
I REALLY need to fix that problem as i need to let people post without registration.
Just askin, may be it is possible to fix it faster...Smile
The files have just been released to us beta testers.

So hopefully if all goes well you will not have that long to wait now Smile
We just got it today. You guys will have a really stable release VERY soon. Also, this will go to the Chit-Chat forum instead...
I know this might sound daft, but why not have a test forum using gold, where everyone can see what its like and use it then report back problems!
Surley the bugs will be found quicker with more eyes looking at it.
Just a thought.
I'm pretty sure Chris will either convert this support forum to Gold version once it's in the final release, or set up a demo for others to see. But at the moment, there is about 50 beta testers and we have already found out the basic bulk of bugs on Gold version. Once the final version has been released, the support forum will be converted into Gold and thats when you will get new and usually remote bugs.

Don't worry, it is VERY VERY close to be released to the public. Just count sheep at night whenever you can't sleep since Gold hasn't been out yet Wink
Actually, what the main goal is now is to test the install/upgrade script. This cannot be tested without distributing it is not that great of an idea to distribute an untested install/upgrade script to the public. There are too many people who would fail to read that it is not for production use and then they would be complaining because the script caused them to lose data.
I agree with you Matt Light, when ever a software is still in the testing stages, it's something you don't want to use in public. All kinds of nasty bugs will start showing up on your forum, and it tends to make people upset. Don't worry, you don't have long to go untill gold is here.

Marc
I have idea...

might we should do with devel version like what phpbb and coppermine is doing...

have devel cvs up for public, but with no write access.

just my idea.

May be anyone who wants to test should write a pm to admin.
By the way, i have a question, will i be able to only fix that particular problem with guests not being to post, as i am not sure i really want to upgrade the entire forum.
It is just my bad expirience with updating stuff and loosing all users profiles and messing all arround.
I would like to only fix one problem.
If you upgrade, the only thing that you will (migh also) lose is your custom skin as it uses a different skinning system for the Admin Cp in the "Gold" version. It's suggested that you should upgrade your whole forum as you can have that feature fixed and have tons more added on to it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8