MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - anyone preparing plugins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Perhaps no plug-in is needed.
Have send an email with request about this issue, will post here as soon as Data protection authority give answer.

BUT, reading the new personal data filing act from the Data Protection Authority, the big big surprise was this words:

If you place your name en or your adres in a comment on this site, your name and or adres will be a part of the comment. If you have posted comments and want to change or delete them, you can contact us, we will then look into it, and decide what we will do. You do not have the right to edit or delete comment posted since they are defined as statement.

That is from the Data protection authority self, the only department that can give a fine, so perhaps the info about journalism, with information, opinions or ideas, now pluss statement, was not so bad after all.

They will with other words not even change real name or adres given in a comment, to John Doe, (if they do not want to), then why should we?

Giving more info when I get anser from them.
Hi, maybe for now I have resolved the problem about consent for new and old users and everything is already set up on mybb, I only used the PHP in Templates and Template Conditionals plugin.

1) Create a new Custom Profile Fields in admin CP (checkbox) and set it on required and show on registration form:

[Image: w9tXaVJ.jpg]

2) Check on registration form if checkbox is ok:

[Image: JUBUJdk.jpg]

3) In header add code to say "if the user has not checked the checkbox then shows the modal box", like:

<if $mybb->user['fidXXX'] != 'your message' && $mybb->user['uid'] != 0  && THIS_SCRIPT != 'usercp.php' then>

Modal with link to the user CP, where user will can check the checkbox

</if>

[Image: lzc8rKu.png]

4) And add in usercp_profile the text for the privacy policy and required checkbox:

[Image: i7PPjZb.png]

It is a bit "cumbersome" but according to you it is correct with the new legislation?

In the database there is then the voice to know if a user has given consent (the consent text) or not (NULL), the only problem is that obviously it does not record also the date and time of consent Sad
Not needed anymore - Amnesia plugin will be out soon Smile - https://github.com/kawaii/mybb-amnesia
Yes, mine was just an attempt, to be safe at least a few days after May 25th.
The consent taken with the amnesia plugin has the date and time?
Quote: If you place your name en or your adres in a comment on this site, your name and or adres will be a part of the comment. If you have posted comments and want to change or delete them, you can contact us, we will then look into it, and decide what we will do. You do not have the right to edit or delete comment posted since they are defined as statement.

Did you get this via email or is it posted public where I can link to it as an official comment? Because that's very strong argument to disallow editing of posts.

https://github.com/kawaii/mybb-amnesia

That's really nice but a couple things. It uses users table which imho is already large enough and unless the field is required in global or showthread it shouldn't be used. I plan on creating a mybb_GDPR table with individual acknowledgements for each YES/NO for privacy and also for the date accepted. Also a nice thing is limiting the amount of times the data can be exported. Like giving members export once each 30 days. That's to avoid the tool being used to attack the site or create a resource problem.

But otherwise pretty good start for a plugin.
@labrocca public posted. I'll send you the link tomorrow. The bad side is that it is not written in english for now, I have translated it (do speak that language)

I do agree with you, that is a very strong argument, IF THEY DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO SO SINCE THEY ARE A GOVERNMENT (ect). Taking the point that official departs, have rights to save longer and more info (tax office as an example), that's why I did send a specific question about us, forum owners, and IF we could use the argument I have postet here before, and since they now self, are using the argument statement, where they do not even will change the name and adres if they do not want to... as promised, send you a link, and for the rest, posting here the answer when I get the email

pm sendt
An issue is there is not enough guidance. What if we make drastic changes and then find out we didn't need to? And on the flip-side what if we don't do enough and then face consequences.

This law got me mad mad mad.
So, Amnesia is ready to be installed? I don't understand exacctly from the description.
(2018-05-25, 12:11 PM)Lyvyoo Wrote: [ -> ]So, Amnesia is ready to be installed? I don't understand exacctly from the description.

The plugin is currently being tested and we would appreciate if people would install it on test/development boards to help us find bugs and such. Once the plugin is uploaded to the MyBB Extend site it will be considered stable.
(2018-05-25, 02:53 PM)kawaii Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-25, 12:11 PM)Lyvyoo Wrote: [ -> ]So, Amnesia is ready to be installed? I don't understand exacctly from the description.

The plugin is currently being tested and we would appreciate if people would install it on text/development boards to help us find bugs and such. Once the plugin is uploaded to the MyBB Extend site it will be considered stable.

I would be willing to help beta test on a new installation. How do I get you my information?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14