MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - anyone preparing plugins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(2018-05-25, 08:48 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-25, 08:43 PM)IntoxNitram Wrote: [ -> ]Thought I had it, didn't realise my php version was so out of date (had 5.6)

Where exactly do the members select to make data anonymous?

this is done on the plugin side of things.  check in the plugin settings, it's in there.
I see the settings, I have it set to allow users to make accounts anonymous, but I don't know where the user will find the ability to do this themselves?
(2018-05-25, 08:56 PM)IntoxNitram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-25, 08:48 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-25, 08:43 PM)IntoxNitram Wrote: [ -> ]Thought I had it, didn't realise my php version was so out of date (had 5.6)

Where exactly do the members select to make data anonymous?

this is done on the plugin side of things.  check in the plugin settings, it's in there.
I see the settings, I have it set to allow users to make accounts anonymous, but I don't know where the user will find the ability to do this themselves?

it's in their user control panel (or wherever you want to put it if you're using a custom theme):

[Image: Qpv495P.png]
(2018-05-25, 06:37 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]if the plugin is breaking your plugins page, it's probably because you did not meet the minimum requirements for the plugin to work.

as it says on the github readme:

Dependencies

MyBB >= 1.8.15
   https://github.com/frostschutz/MyBB-PluginLibrary
   PHP >= 7.1

My host is Bluehost and they only offer php version 7.0. I live in Europe and badly need to do something about GDPR. But I guess there's nothing available for me then?
Are you sure? It's odd for a host to support 7.0 but not 7.1 at this point in time.

See http://php.net/supported-versions.php

7.0 is no longer in active support, and security support will run out in few months. So 7.0 is dead by end of 2018.

7.1 is supported until 2019, 7.2 supported until 2020. A host that does not offer these is behind the times.

Actually using new versions is a different matter, but a host that doesn't even OFFER them is weird.
(2018-05-27, 09:57 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure? It's odd for a host to support 7.0 but not 7.1 at this point in time.

See http://php.net/supported-versions.php

7.0 is no longer in active support, and security support will run out in few months. So 7.0 is dead by end of 2018.

7.1 is supported until 2019, 7.2 supported until 2020. A host that does not offer these is behind the times.

Actually using new versions is a different matter, but a host that doesn't even OFFER them is weird.

I called them up and they offer 7.1 to all new accounts but not to all old accounts. He actually suggested I could transfer my forum to a new account. It did sound like they were slowly giving the old accounts access to 7.1, but he couldn't say a date nor a timeline when it would happen to the Bluehost server I'm on.
When I click accept for the Privacy Policy thing, it just refreshes the page and nothing happens. I still can't use the other site and am told to accept it. Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: Nevermind, I had used the wrong last updated time which was actually in the future  Big Grin
Does someone have a document for the user consent to be used by the amnesia plugin?
I believe that some consent will be required as the forum is storing user-identification cookies.
One more problem Smile
In the marketplace section from my forum, some people left the phone number or other personal detail. A user with ID Name_surname claim for complete deletion of profile and personal data and I did it. Now Mybb don't allow me (Admin) to edit a post from a deleted user and he let his phone number in many places. Yes, I can delete the entire post, but let's say that I want to preserve the content...
Regarding the GDPR, I think we have a problem here! There is any way to edit a post from a deleted user?
(2018-05-30, 11:31 AM)Lyvyoo Wrote: [ -> ]Now Mybb don't allow me (Admin) to edit a post from a deleted user and he let his phone number in many places. Yes, I can delete the entire post, but let's say that I want to preserve the content...

Hi,

this is so easy as you go to the 'Bad Words' part in Admin Control Panel, and add the 'rule" to change the phone number (555-123456) to other thing (###-######). MyBB will change it in all posts even if you don't know that his/her phones it's there Wink
You could create a MyCode to replace all phone numbers in posts to something else, disallowing them in general for all users.

Ideally, you should add a new field where users can insert their phone numbers, then it would be easier to remove that data.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14