MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - anyone preparing plugins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Thank you, we have 15 days until the GDPR will be a must have Sad
(2018-05-08, 07:12 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, we have 15 days until the GDPR will be a must have Sad

You don't have to be fully compliant by may the 25th, you just need to be able to show that you are working towards being compliant.

For others looking at this, the UK's ICO have a handy portal for all things GDPR: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/gui...tion-gdpr/
Thank you effone for the plugin, in these days I'll install the plugin.

Then there is also contact form, we need a checkbox also there Sad Because also external users can use contact form and we receive them email and ip.

For now I have removed contact form, only added a link to my Facebook page where there are all my contacts.
It will be handy if some aware users contribute to list down all the detailed features as many of us are not aware about the laws.
The plugin being coded can atleast have a clear picture of the complete requirement of the community, just a thought.

My posted plugin is considerably bare feature, for a proxy to fill the requirement until a full fledged plugin is not in place. I can also extend the one I have posted based on the feature list, if required ...
Is there an actual official plugin being developed behind the scenes right now for this?
I can't comment on 'official' right now but as much I am aware some staff is coding a feature-rich one. I don't know about his progress either.
I am not in detail knowledge about the required features, I just coded it based on some posts at the first page as I felt it is being a must have.
@Corey H Take 2 minutes to read this topic Smile No!
Quote:I can't comment on 'official' right now but as much I am aware some staff is coding a feature-rich one. I don't know about his progress either.
I am not in detail knowledge about the required features, I just coded it based on some posts at the first page as I felt it is being a must have.

Thank you for the information, effone. Appreciated.
Is a plugin blocked cookies but very old.
https://github.com/MattRogowski/Cookie-Law
It includes only your own cookies, I tried to add additional cookies in the cookielaw.php and cookielaw.lang.php file, but then the forum is down (I can not see a list of plugins, new cookies are shown on list).
e.g. in 1st file

'_ga => array (
'member' => true,
'guest' => true
)

and in 2nd file

$l['cookielaw_cookie__ga_desc'] = 'Stats GA.';

Perhaps someone would be affected by the modification so that you can add more cookies, description and blocking for the member and guest from the ACP level?
(2018-05-09, 09:49 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]It will be handy if some aware users contribute to list down all the detailed features as many of us are not aware about the laws.
I know it's a competitor (indirectly at least), but Xenforo's future update deals with it very well. I'd suggest using that as a template: 
link
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14