MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [RELEASE] MyBB Multiforums [UPDATED 5/14/08]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I'm thinking of having users have free forums, like I will allow them to have free blogs.

That'll be a few months down the road before I actually begin to do that, though. Too much site content / revision needed ATM. Toungue
Yeah great plugin, but your live demo isn't working.
I know. My host died on me. Sad It should be back up shortly, I hope.
Just wondering, since they all use the same main files right? Can you install all the plugins you want on the first main one that you know wont make you vulnerable so that the other forums can benefit from them aswell? Like have them already activated or whatever and if the person doesnt want to use it, they can turn it off via their own forum options?
In theory this should work, however I have not tested this. It will also depend on where the plugin data is held in the database. My script copies over all of the template tables as well as the settings tables from the working forum into the hosted forums. If the plugin data is held somewhere else it won't work most likely.

I will look into plugins for a later release but for now they are untested.
BMR777
Brilliant!!!!!!, I've been looking into this for a while yet!
I am going 2 test this out for ya.. because I really like it, might try playing around with the plugins myself Smile
Amazing. Toungue
will done mate.. realy great job Smile
Live Demo Back Online!

The live demo is back online! If you create a forum there it will eventually be deleted, however. In the coming weeks I will be launching a free MyBB host called freemybb.com. It will follow the same tradition as my PHPBB and SMF forum host WebringAmerica by not showing any ads on hosted forums.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that in the next week or so I will be releasing the second version of this script, which will include an Admin Panel where you can view and delete forums.

Has anyone installed this yet? Any bugs or anything I need to know about before I put out the next release?

BMR777
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9