MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [RELEASE] MyBB Multiforums [UPDATED 5/14/08]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Check the first post for a download link of the new version! The new version adds support for accepting an email address on signup. The new release also includes an Admin CP to view and delete hosted forums.

BMR777
You know, what would be cool.... is to have the base forum be a support forum, and upon register it will ask "Would you like to create a forum?" and have "Yes" and "No" options. That way there is an easy was to make an admin account and have the pass + username already there (including all of the details already in there)...

I'm trying to learn PHP, so maybe I could take a part in this (once I'm better at PHP - so maybe a couple months Sad)...
I see what you're saying. I'll keep that at the back of my mind, however doing that would require me to recode most of the script. Smile

BMR777
the hard part is that, once you install the main forum.. I had to add a index.html on the folder of that forum so it redirects to the /create/ folder.. because it did not before, and yes so would be cool, but I think people are better off having the support forums seperate from the main hosted ones.

btw: i am going to test this new version :p
Yep, if the support forums are in the same script as the hosted forums if one goes down the whole site goes down. That's why on my forum host I actually have the support forums hosted on a separate server, so if the hosted forums go down support is still up. This has actually saved my butt more times than I can count.

BMR777
Well, yeah you're right... I see where you're coming from. The only reason I think it would be good is that it has verification by email and anti bot verification and what not...
I hope to add anti-bot measures in a future release. I may also modify it so the user is emailed their password instead of it being displayed when they signup.

BMR777
Sounds good Wink...
Is it easy to integrate advertisements globally?
silentkiller Wrote:Is it easy to integrate advertisements globally?

Well if what he says is true about the templates coming from the main place(Forgot what he called) then you would just need to put the ad code into the themes Wink )
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9