MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [RELEASE] MyBB Multiforums [UPDATED 5/14/08]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
hey can you install this for me plz???? cuz I cant seem to get it to work..
LadyAngelique, I can take a look at this for you. PM me with your website details and FTP details on the Multiforums support forums and I can take a look and see what is going on.

BMR777
Looks great, works great, sounds great; Great work!
Okay, with the after-installation themes I'm definitely making a mybb host. *Eyes twinkle with cunning and sheer insanity*
Hopefully this script will help spread MyBB. I am going to begin working now on getting plugins to work as well as a system to prune inactive forums.

BMR777
I've got YET ANOTHER release of this script for you all!

This new release includes:
  • MyBB Plugin Support - Forum admins can now choose to use plugins on their forums that you upload to your server
  • Forum Prune Feature - Mass Delete forums that have not changed their password from the default

This is my last release for a while. Since I have most of the major features in this now this will be the GOLD release.

Download GOLD release here!

Enjoy!
BMR777
One question. Do the plugins have to activated, or no?
Yes, the forum admin has to choose which plugins to activate on their forum. By default everything is deactivated until a forum admin activates the plugins they want. You do not have to activate plugins on the master forum, just upload like normal and the forum admin can activate the ones they want to use.

It is probably best this way though. If you load up your service with many plugins and then have them all active by default this will greatly increase your server load. It's better to use only the ones that the admin actually wants on their forum then all of the plugins.

BMR777
BMR777 Wrote:You do not have to activate plugins on the master forum, just upload like normal and the forum admin can activate the ones they want to use.

Cool. That's all I needed to know Wink.
Mod Updated! Here's what's new:
  • On signup admin can now choose own username
  • Forum names can now be up to 20 characters long
  • New Ad Manager allows you to force ads on all hosted forums. These ads cannot be removed in the templates.
  • Various bugfixes and security fixes

Demo Link :: Download Link

We also have a premium mod available to premium members (members who have purchased script copyright to remove copyright from mkforum.php) that will allow you to sell ad removal via PayPal to hosted forums. The mod makes the whole process automatic and makes you money! For more info, see here.

Let me know what you think. Enjoy!

P.S. - We're also working on a MyBB 1.4 version of this script. You can't download it yet (it will NOT be released until AFTER MYBB 1.4 COMES OUT!!!), but you can try it out. Click Here to see what we're working on for MyBB 1.4. Smile

BMR777
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9