MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Waiting is TORTURE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Anyone else feel like the wait for 1.4 release is pure torture. I fee imprisoned. I don't want to work on mybb at all because it seems so close yet week after week nothing happens. I have been telling my admins and moderators "wait till 1.4" for nearly a year. Heck..that's what I been telling mybb plugin users too. OMG it's getting to be torture.

When the beta was released I felt that we were within a month of release...it's been over a month and it just doesn't feel like it's going to be released as soon as I had hoped. I know mybb's official response is "it's done when it's done" and I ain't asking for a date. I am expressing my dissatisfaction with the LONG TORTUROUS waiting. Does mybb realize how on-hold the entire community is?

ugh
Oh, actually, for me it's quite the opposite. Ever since the beta was released I had no interest for when it'll be released. The excitement just blew away.
Maybe being a plugin and theme author as well as having over 30 installs makes it different for me.
labrocca Wrote:Anyone else feel like the wait for 1.4 release is pure torture. I fee imprisoned. I don't want to work on mybb at all because it seems so close yet week after week nothing happens. I have been telling my admins and moderators "wait till 1.4" for nearly a year. Heck..that's what I been telling mybb plugin users too. OMG it's getting to be torture.

When the beta was released I felt that we were within a month of release...it's been over a month and it just doesn't feel like it's going to be released as soon as I had hoped. I know mybb's official response is "it's done when it's done" and I ain't asking for a date. I am expressing my dissatisfaction with the LONG TORTUROUS waiting. Does mybb realize how on-hold the entire community is?

ugh

Now that's the sprit labrocca. Tell it to those MyBB dev Toungue
I don't make any plugins, but I do know how you feel. I've been waiting like everybody else, but everytime it seems like it's about to come out it doesn't!
labrocca Wrote:Maybe being a plugin and theme author as well as having over 30 installs makes it different for me.

May be. ^^
I also am looking forwards to MyBB 1.4's release, however, things like this cannot be rushed. Case in point: Windows Vista Smile

I'd rather have a better MyBB 1.4 that's ready to go than a MyBB 1.4 that requires 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 releases in quick succession due to code that should have been done right the first time but was skipped due to a rush.

BMR777
Don't miscontrue that I am rushing mybb 1.4..just discussing how waiting is torture. WAIT WAIT WAIT...it's like being in that waiting room in the emergency room. Just seems to take forever.
I know exactly what your saying and agree. I mean it's not even that its taking long its that we don't know whats making it take longer than most expected.
To be honest, our resources are very limited right now, due to personal commitments we all have (exam time and what not). Also, we haven't found many suitable applicants for the developer role to bring onto the team. We appreciate your patience.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7