MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox AJAX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/shoutbox-beta

This wrapper doesn't work with that one, right?
Yes, it does, otherwise there couldn't be a MyBB 1.4 version ...
getting this error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1146 - Table 'db226806307.mybb_mybb_settings' doesn't exist
Query:
    INSERT INTO mybb_mybb_settings (`name`,`title`,`description`,`optionscode`,`value`,`disporder`,`gid`) VALUES ('shoutbox_ajax_pages','Show On Pages','Do you want to show the AJAX shoutbox on each page, or do you want to show it only on some settable pages?','yesno','no','16','21') 
I noticed an interesting issue when I installed this. I moved the shoutbox call above the forum content. When I installed it, I had yours and the old one there. I had to remove MM's call to get rid of the old one.
(2008-08-04, 11:06 PM)Paretje Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-04, 10:11 PM)lenkradschloss Wrote: [ -> ]@Paretje/Musicalmidget: Is it possible to "edit/delete" shouts. Or can you please add something like that.

@Paretje: 1. Please tell me how I can get the ajax shoutbox between the forums and the stats.
2. If I choose display mode "Both Window and Index" only the shoutbox on the index is with ajax, the one with the seperate window is the "old" one. ;-)

Thanks & Greets, lenkradschloss

0. When you click on the header title of the AJAX Shoutbox, or when you click on Shoutbox in the welcome barn you get the shoutbox popup where you can edit and delete the shouts Wink

1. First: the HTML comments has to be on for this change Wink
Open inc/plugin/shoutbox_ajax.php and find:
		preg_match('#'.preg_quote("<div id=\"content\">").'#i', $page, $matches);
		if($matches[0])
		{
			$page = str_replace($matches[0], "<div id=\"content\">\n".$shoutbox_ajax, $page);
		}

Replace with:
		preg_match('#'.preg_quote("<!-- end: forumbit_depth1_cat -->").'#i', $page, $matches);
		if($matches[0])
		{
			$page = str_replace($matches[0], "<!-- end: forumbit_depth1_cat -->\n".$shoutbox_ajax, $page);
		}

2. Both Window and Index is the mode of the Shoutbox of Musicalmidget, this plugin only delivers a AJAX interface around that system. That setting has no effect to the AJAX SHoutbox

Hi Paretje,

0 : Cool, thanks!
1 : Works nearly fine. But I have more than one category, so in the moment the shoutbox appears between each category and not only under the last category over the stats.
2 : Ok.

Thanks, lenkradschloss
(2008-08-05, 12:03 AM)incadudeF Wrote: [ -> ]getting this error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1146 - Table 'db226806307.mybb_mybb_settings' doesn't exist
Query:
    INSERT INTO mybb_mybb_settings (`name`,`title`,`description`,`optionscode`,`value`,`disporder`,`gid`) VALUES ('shoutbox_ajax_pages','Show On Pages','Do you want to show the AJAX shoutbox on each page, or do you want to show it only on some settable pages?','yesno','no','16','21') 

Strange error. Can you try this plugin-file:[attachment=10273]

(2008-08-05, 01:18 AM)Soshite Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed an interesting issue when I installed this. I moved the shoutbox call above the forum content. When I installed it, I had yours and the old one there. I had to remove MM's call to get rid of the old one.

You mean the Shoutbox of Musicalmidget was still on the index-page? You have to set then the Display Mode value of the Shoutboxthen to "Window Only".

(2008-08-05, 08:21 AM)lenkradschloss Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Paretje,

0 : Cool, thanks!
1 : Works nearly fine. But I have more than one category, so in the moment the shoutbox appears between each category and not only under the last category over the stats.
2 : Ok.

Thanks, lenkradschloss

1. Change that same piece of code to this:
		preg_match('#'.preg_quote("<!-- start: index_boardstats -->").'#i', $page, $matches);
		if($matches[0])
		{
			$page = str_replace($matches[0], $shoutbox_ajax."\n<!-- start: index_boardstats -->", $page);
		}
Where exactly do you upload the files to?
The file are sorted in the right way of directories out of the root of your MyBB root.
Where is this Directory? Confused
This plugin is incompatible with MyBB 1.4
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10