MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [RELEASE] MyBulletin 2.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
That's right folks, MyBB has returned on 1.4. I've worked hard to upgrade it though, so I've decided that this is the only release I'm going to make, and then I'll be making my own seperate MyBulletin layout, possibly with user profiles. Have fun with it now though.

MyBulletin
for MyBB 1.4

Live Demo:
http://roflooka.pokelounge.com

Description:
This theme imitates the vBulletin Default Style. There are no extra functions (like Popup search) or the original vBulletin Icons included. The Theme is HTML and CSS valid.

History:
26.05.07 - Version 1.1
27.05.07 - Version 2.1 releasd: Fixed IE Bugs! and two other ones
20.07.07 - Version 2.2 fixes some bugs and works with mybb 1.2.9
25.07.07 - Version 2.3: Speed improvement, easy to upgrade!
22.12.07 - Version 2.4: added vertical postsbit to default download, theme works now with mybb 1.2.10, some extra stuff
20.02.08 - Version 2.5: Fixes several bugs with mybb 1.2.12
25.08.08 - Version 2.7: Now compatible with MyBB 1.4!

Installation:
1. After downloading the Theme unpack it (with WinRAR or 7zip for example)
2. Go to the Admin Control Panel under Themes > Import
3. Search the MyBulletin XML File in the theme folder and click the Button "Import Theme"s.
4. Upload the "images" folder to your forum image directory.
5. You can replace the icons in the "Extra" folder with the default ones if you like them.

Important:
1. You are not allowed to remove the copyright, even if you modify the theme!
2. You can publish your modified version of the design, but keep the copyright!

Screenshots:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u54/O...letin2.png
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u54/O...lletin.png
so anyone can upgrade the mybulletin theme? Why didnt you make an vbulletin like header?
Wait, what do you mean? P@trick gave me permission to upgrade his MyBulletin theme for MyBB 1.4
oh you should post that somewhere then. I was about to make it with a vbulletin header.
Just curious about this, do you have to have permission from vBulletin, in order to create such a theme?

As an IMHO, I really don't see the point in creating such a theme, by that meaning for it to look "exactly" like another forums software default theme. Sure, create a theme that has similar features, but not the same colour scheme.
P@trick created it first, lufbra. Ooka simply updated the code. I'm fairly sure, but not 100%, that he's in accordance with their terms posted on their site.
(2008-08-26, 03:39 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Just curious about this, do you have to have permission from vBulletin, in order to create such a theme?

As an IMHO, I really don't see the point in creating such a theme, by that meaning for it to look "exactly" like another forums software default theme. Sure, create a theme that has similar features, but not the same colour scheme.

Well, some users can't afford vBulletin but prefer their layout over MyBB's. This is just a nice alternative for them.
Well-done! Finally the new vBulletin theme is out! =D
Ooka, is it possible for you to create more MyBB 1.4 vBulletin themes? It would be great if the variety is bigger =D
Can you include the vbulletin header that the previous
mybulletin themes had?
Yea, this one looks a bit wierd..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8