MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Donating to MyBB - Help Secure the Future of MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(2011-11-07, 07:03 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Labrocca, what would happen if you stepped down from MyBB (I don't know the rule, so correct me if i'm wrong.) I'd assume that an American citizen will always need to be a part of MyBB, correct?

(I'm not saying anything is bad by that, I mean on the offchance you will have to resign, for whatever reason, and the team suddenly lacks a few members, what happens)

There would be a board I believe to help make decisions. I wouldn't even need to be the chairman or the top guy of the corp. Of course I'd be part of it and I'd assist in setup but I honestly probably don't have the extra time to run it day to day.

I really don't want "control" over MyBB. Not at all. Just want to ensure it's longevity and secure it's future.

One thing SMF has done well imho is structure.

It could be overkill but I'm just saying MyBB has the option if they need it. It would help with donations and taxes.
Jesse? I assune members such as Tim B and Chris be able to join the NFPO? Or do they have to be American citizens?
Oh again I don't object to you being part of the team, or head of it, I'm saying in the event you get even busier, and the lack of North American MyBB team members is a disturbing thing. Jag is sorta right in this aspect, as Tim and Chris currently reside there, it's a pretty good idea to do it there.

I understand the benefit of it being in the U.S.A., as it does give more posititives, but I think we would need at least three more (Long time members of MyBB) to be on this board IIRC, if it were to even be considered.
More legwork would need to be done but I don't see why a NFPO can't have a non-us citizen for it's board leader.

Unless MyBB actually approaches me I don't see a lot of reason to spend the extra time to figure it all out. And finances would need to be discussed heavily since an NPO (non profit organization) is still costly to setup and maintain. So unless MyBB donations are significant or MyBB plans to do more to get their numbers up then it's pointless to pursue. But if MyBB wants to do this...I'm here for them. Even it's good I'm in Nevada which is one of the top 3 states in USA to incorporate. Smile
I would be interested in assisting you with this if Tim /Chris go for it.

(2011-11-07, 08:27 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-07, 07:03 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Labrocca, what would happen if you stepped down from MyBB (I don't know the rule, so correct me if i'm wrong.) I'd assume that an American citizen will always need to be a part of MyBB, correct?

(I'm not saying anything is bad by that, I mean on the offchance you will have to resign, for whatever reason, and the team suddenly lacks a few members, what happens)

There would be a board I believe to help make decisions. I wouldn't even need to be the chairman or the top guy of the corp. Of course I'd be part of it and I'd assist in setup but I honestly probably don't have the extra time to run it day to day.

I really don't want "control" over MyBB. Not at all. Just want to ensure it's longevity and secure it's future.

One thing SMF has done well imho is structure.

It could be overkill but I'm just saying MyBB has the option if they need it. It would help with donations and taxes.

Also after next summer I will be able to help mybb out financially when I get out of basic training for the air force. I'll be making about 1600 a month as an afc and have barely any bills (I plan in living in the af base's dorms) and would be willing to scrape up a bit every month :p
There are no citizenship requirements when incorporating in NV. The Resident Agent doesn't even need to live in NV.
(2011-11-07, 09:19 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]More legwork would need to be done but I don't see why a NFPO can't have a non-us citizen for it's board leader.

We intend to register an ordinary business PayPal account which will solve our problems. The only hurdle is that Australian business PayPal accounts require an ABN (Australian Business Number) which Chris doesn't have. I have one but it is registered with my PayPal account. I'm not sure if Chris has submitted an application yet or not, but that should be the easiest way to resolve this.

I don't think the effort and cost in establishing and maintaining NPO status is worthwhile for an organisation like this, but I'm sure Chris has considered it as an option.
There already is one?
(2011-11-09, 12:10 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]We intend to register an ordinary business PayPal account which will solve our problems. The only hurdle is that Australian business PayPal accounts require an ABN (Australian Business Number) which Chris doesn't have. I have one but it is registered with my PayPal account. I'm not sure if Chris has submitted an application yet or not, but that should be the easiest way to resolve this.

I don't think the effort and cost in establishing and maintaining NPO status is worthwhile for an organisation like this, but I'm sure Chris has considered it as an option.

I think in 2-3 years if the project still develops at the same pace it should be considered.
Paypal is still working?
we wanna making donate to mybb
how we can do that dude?
Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11