MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Donating to MyBB - Help Secure the Future of MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Adsense isn't professional. Although i agree MyBB should monitize some way, they have stated a few times, that ads will only be on the main site.

(watch them chance that just because i wrote it now)
Why doesn't mybb take advantage of a paid usergroup for more donations / revenue ?

Like so: Charter group
(2011-10-24, 06:04 PM)Vapor Wrote: [ -> ]Why doesn't mybb take advantage of a paid usergroup for more donations / revenue ?

Like so: Charter group

Because MyBB isn't about the money, unlike most other forum softwares.

Donations help towards the servers, and towards purchasing things to improve mybb (Such as buying mybb.com which cost over $5K IIRC.).
I tried making a donation today, it didn't work. Says that "the receipt" isn't currently open or something.
PayPal locked MyBB's account a few months ago for some stupid reason. I wonder when it'll be back up?
No your right it's not about money but it helps development to have funding. All the forum software companies hire outside the company to meet deadlines / code new features.
My suggestion:

1. Add a contributor group / status

2. Beta testing will be avail in this group ahead of public release

3. Special feedback forum will open directly to developers / staff

Tbh I agrees. I'd happily support mybb, but I only use paypal and our account is locked Confused I'm all for some kind of subscribers user group. No extra powers or anything. Just a badge to show people who has helped the cause Smile
I think it's stupid to have a group for that.

Don't get me wrong, since i have a CC now, and PP, i will do it in a heartbeat, give me the damned email. I don't want anything in return. MyBB does for me what it does for me. I don't need to have anything else for this. When i go to a store and they are asking for donations for the sick, the poor, etc, i don't asked what i get out of it. I give because people need it. MyBB needs donations as Chris shouldn't have to pay everything out of his pocket.
Yes, but if we had a user group, that required subscription, PayPal wouldn't be bothered, as it's a subscription, not a donation Smile
Helping the poor and helping mybb are 2 very different things....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11