MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Donating to MyBB - Help Secure the Future of MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Plimus can be made a choice as well. Reg.net is unavailable in many countries as well.
I have donated once before, I shall donate many more times.
(2011-11-03, 05:54 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Plimus can be made a choice as well. Reg.net is unavailable in many countries as well.

http://delphimisver.wordpress.com/2009/03/07/plimus/

I wouldn't try it.
Depends really on a user to user, I've seen business flourishing with Plimus. If your country is not supported by Reg.NET, there is very little you could do.
If you want to donate, there are other ways. Helping out members, checking for bugs, updating the wiki, etc...

You could even purchase some advertising from TLA.
If you want MyBB to be setup a not-for-profit organization with an American address and actual papers I'd be willing to do the work needed to achieve this. I'm probably the only guy with experience with this stuff.

I'd setup MyBB Group as a not for profit corp with full paperwork. From there we should be able to get a new PP with the EIN of the corporation. There are other benefits to being a non-profit org as well. Plus the official status would look good to new admins or prospective investors/partners with MyBB that might want to sponsor MyBB with free servers or audits.

Big projects eventually do form corporations to deal with various issues. Fact is that when donations come now to Chris or the MyBB account it's taxable income. And MyBB having a "war chest" might come in handy for any future expenses.

If MyBB has questions about stuff like this or wants to ask me anything feel free to PM me.
Labrocca, what would happen if you stepped down from MyBB (I don't know the rule, so correct me if i'm wrong.) I'd assume that an American citizen will always need to be a part of MyBB, correct?

(I'm not saying anything is bad by that, I mean on the offchance you will have to resign, for whatever reason, and the team suddenly lacks a few members, what happens)
* Paul H. is American
* Paul H. is under 18 however for the next year
* Paul H. says labrocca needs to stck around for a year
* Paul H. likes the non-profit idea
* Paul H. could donate and take it off his taxes
Again, I'm just stating a flaw because MyBB is currently very spread out (A good thing).
(2011-11-07, 07:08 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Again, I'm just stating a flaw because MyBB is currently very spread out (A good thing).

Really MyBB should be listed as a not-for-profit in Australia.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11