MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The paperclip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[Image: attachment.php?aid=11362]
We've all seen the [Image: paperclip.gif] icon here and there on forum thread lists. How many of you actually "use" it? Or do you people ignore it? Is it worth keeping?

Discuss.
I do to a point it lets me there someone has uploaded a file but i do not bother hovering over it to see how many the poster has uploaded. so i am not to sure i would say tack it out.
i'd make a paperclip plugin
function paperclip_info() 
{
	return array(
		'name'			=> 'Paperclip Plugin for MyBB',
		'description'	=> 'Add a small image next to thraeds in the showthread page to show if a thread has attachments w.<br />',
		'version'		=> '1.0',
		'guid'        	=> 'sumthin here'
	);
}
I've always been fond of the paperclip. Smile
(2008-10-16, 06:22 AM)Baldilocks Wrote: [ -> ]I've always been fond of the paperclip. Smile

I am with you 100%. Nice knowing if a thread has attachments.
(2008-10-16, 06:53 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-16, 06:22 AM)Baldilocks Wrote: [ -> ]I've always been fond of the paperclip. Smile

I am with you 100%. Nice knowing if a thread has attachments.

Make sure you vote then!! Smile
I think it would be worth changing it to notify of attachments as well as images ([img]) used in the thread, but I don't really see a point behind the count.

But, is it really worth taking it away? It's not taking up space. Only on these forums where there is little space.. Toungue
Yeah it's sweet, keep it. Angel
It's pretty useless. Why not have images to indicate posted images or links, as well?
I think it could be good if clicking it opened a window with all the attachments listed so we could view them all in one place.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11