MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [ANYONE?] Help Jfusion project!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
i really hope that there is further development on the integration of mybb and joomla. i have a huge joomla site and am now looking for a more robust and solid forum and mybb to me is my favourite for its ease of use and look however, there doesnt seem to be much in the way of integration. so at this stage it looks like i may have to use phpbb3 which i have been trying not to.

does anyone have any skills to give the jfusion team a hand on development of the plugin?
^^^
I was able to get jFusion working close to 100% with MyBB1.4.4, but it took several hours to get all the settings right. Even dual login was almost perfect (with that setting turned off, since it's not supposed to work), but people need to logout from Joomla and not the forum (then both actually logout together)

So dual login does work 100%, and dual logout needs some work.

(2009-01-17, 05:14 PM)peetree21 Wrote: [ -> ]...does anyone have any skills to give the jfusion team a hand on development of the plugin?

I hope someone helps out, since the current version is a great starting point.
bump for developers to work on this
It saddens me that this topic was posted. I love how they make it appear like we don't give a crap about the small plugins, or about CMS integration. Well, from my aspect, their right about the CMS integration part; The only thing I think it would be worth integrating with would be WordPress. Not to mention that Joomla! is bloated, and is very confusing for new members.
I would like to show my support for the JFusion project.

Personally, I am kind of surprised at the way this whole thing has gone, seeing that I've found both MyBB and JFusion to be pretty helpful folks in my experience. Heck, every time I have any kind of issue, I check the docs and/or forums and always find the answer, hence my extremely low post count. For the record, I think you folks at MyBB do a fantastic job and I am more and more impressed with each major version release.

That being said, I found that personally for what I need Joomla! 1.5.x was everything I was looking for from a CMS. I think that JFusion is (or could have been) a perfect marriage of the two. It's much nicer than a bridge, and I found it was pretty easy to set up also. I've been using a beta I found to work exceptionally well on my site so I know it's already functional. I think it's just in need of someone from the MyBB side to keep it up to snuff and work out a couple of kinks, so it's kind of sad to me to see things take this turn.

The aforementioned post on the JFusion site also saddens me for obvious reasons, I know the folks on the MyBB team are not bad guys in the least, it was probably more of a frustration type of thing.
Well if people could understand how busy everyone is, it's really no surprise that noone(as far as the developers) want to help. I'd help, but I'm too busy.
Well here is what I don't get about the thing. I mean its your plugin, can't you do it?

Anyway, I have had a hard and time wasting tryout with jFusion. It never works right with any software I try to use and, it crashes my Joomla.
It never works well because no one take care of helping JFusion project!! I hope that soon anyone will continue the work done until now with myBB plugin: the most is done, but JFusion needs your help to continue and better improve its project!!
Anyone who is interessted in a support for the JFusion Plugin please post here at this topic.

Anyone who is interested in supporting the future development of th JFusion Plugin for Joomla please post at the JFusion Forum here:
http://www.jfusion.org/index.php/forums/...24&start=0
First: I'm a manager over at jFusion and go by the name 'erlend' there.

(2009-04-05, 03:14 PM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]Well here is what I don't get about the thing. I mean its your plugin, can't you do it?
  • Honestly speaking, a plugin for software such as MyBB is more in MyBB's favor than it is in ours. We're already got the major forums (SMF, phpBB & VB) supported, giving us all the mirror-publicity we need when it comes to forum+Joomla! bridging. MyBB on the other hand would benefit greatly from joining the exclusive list of top-notch forums deemed good enough for professional grade Joomla!+forum bridging.
  • Any developer taking on the responsibility for this plug-in would effectively become a jFusion developer if accepting the invitation. A lot of work is being done at the moment to give jFusion team members the possibility of making revenue. Even though a standardized business model has yet to be determined, nothing is stopping the developers from accepting requests for paid jobs concerning jFusion in one way or another. The greater your spectre extends beyond MyBB and Joomla! the greater are your chances of securing $1000 deals for making custom-made plugins.
  • Every developer in the jFusion team already have their hands full with one or more plug-ins. Once it becomes easier to make a revenue from one's skills there would certainly be a raised interest in extending one's competences to MyBB as well, but considering how hard the developers are working right now I find it hard to believe they'd have any time to spare for MyBB even if they wanted to.
It's not like we're leaving it up to the MyBB developers or community alone to pick up the development of this plugin, but why let up the opportunity to make ourselves heard when there's a slight chance that through your forum we'll find an able someone who's willing to join our team? If there existed an able developer for the MyBB plugin in our own midsts we should have found this someone already. With no luck on local grounds, we simply expanded our search. We would both reap great benefits from this, so please don't assume that we feel this plugin is not any of our responsibility.

Chasingu Wrote:Anyway, I have had a hard and time wasting tryout with jFusion. It never works right with any software I try to use and, it crashes my Joomla.
If you've found any flaws with the latest version of jFusion (1.1.2 RC PL2 at the time of posting) we would appreciate any feedback and bugreports you may provide us with.

As for any talk about Joomla!'s quality and usefulness as opposed to similar/competing softwares such as Drupal and Wordpress, this does not belong here. jFusion exists for those who already like Joomla!, but would like to drastically extend it's functionality by tying it up closely with other open source software. If you don't like Joomla!, you won't like jFusion, so why waste your time with this thread?

Anyone interested in contacting me directly are free to pm me on this forum and we can continue our discussion from there. jFusion is still looking for an able developer to take responsibility of our MyBB plugin.

Edit: It seems Jan has decided to make an attempt at assuming the position of JF MyBB plugin developer. Way to go Jan!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7