MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [ANYONE?] Help Jfusion project!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Yep. Needs more devs.
I personally read up on this and I think joombla is garbage I love the idea of jfusion its just I don't like joombla sorry.
(2009-06-15, 06:03 AM)Existance0 Wrote: [ -> ]I personally read up on this and I think joombla is garbage I love the idea of jfusion its just I don't like joombla sorry.

Most people here would not like to see members of other forums saying "MyBB is garbage." Jommla does have *issues*, but it's a very popular (often simple and easy) solution for many people.

(2009-06-12, 12:25 AM)NetSagex Wrote: [ -> ]works... only works in frames mode ("Wrapper") and with size fails and url is the same.

No, I've had much better results. Smile
(2009-06-16, 01:53 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-15, 06:03 AM)Existance0 Wrote: [ -> ]I personally read up on this and I think joombla is garbage I love the idea of jfusion its just I don't like joombla sorry.

Most people here would not like to see members of other forums saying "MyBB is garbage." Jommla does have *issues*, but it's a very popular (often simple and easy) solution for many people.

(2009-06-12, 12:25 AM)NetSagex Wrote: [ -> ]works... only works in frames mode ("Wrapper") and with size fails and url is the same.

No, I've had much better results. Smile
I never said mybb was garbage...
Ok, here's my APPEAL!

I installed JFusion plugin on my Joomla portal few weeks ago. And yes, I found it really cool and useful indeed.
But it could be more powerful!!

For example I wanted to use a function, called "JFusion Discussion Bot" which when you create an article on Joomla creates a thread in a specific section of the forum. I configured it and it didn't work.. I asked on the JFusion support if this function was compatible with MyBB and the answer was "No it doesn't at the moment as we still do not have a dedicated developer for MyBB". AND SO?

WHY WE, MyBB USER, can't have this such of feature!?!? I think it's a stupid thing, phpBB is supporting the developing, vbulettin is supporting the developing, even SMF is supporting the developing!

Why MyBB doesn't?? Are we (MyBB) smaller than the others? Less powerful than the others? Personally I find MyBB better than all the other forum software. So why??

Also, I don't think it requires much time, also because I know your skills and I know that you could do it without problem.. If you think that JFusion don't interest MyBB users you are wrong, because I know many forums which use it and, like me, can't benefit of the fullness of this beautiful plugin.

Think on it. And think also about all the users that might discover MyBB through Joomla and JFusion.

And.. Please, answer me!
Well you do it then Toungue.
I contacted JFusion devs now... I might use Joomla for my next project so I'll take care for the MyBB plugin.
If I can not improove the situation with them, I might use SMF or PhpBB instead.
I think that the people who say that Joomla is crap are completely missing the point. Even if we assume that Joomla will not be used by any of the current myBB users. A friendly cooperation between communities could open up myBB to the millions of Joomla websites.

It is interesting that the myBB community does not want any collaboration with the Joomla community. Even if it could result in increased myBB publicity, increased userbase and therefore potentially more myBB development.

None of the other communities we have approached have used swear words. Its a bit strange. It is very unrewarding for me as a free opensource developers to get so many negative comments and therefore you will find that we will focus our development with other forum softwares that are happy to be exposed to millions of Joomla users..

Thanks, Marius
<rant>
Honestly, the negative comments are needed. Seriously, it's practically impossible to get your word through with any "big" opensource project lately. phpBB is crap with taking advice, even though they claim "we build our software by our users opinions", and Joomla! takes the cake when it comes to that. Honestly, they need to worry more about improving and un-cluttering their UI(User Interface) before they add more un-needed features.
</rant>
"Honestly, the negative comments are needed."

Why would you need negative comments and swear word to a group of developers that want to expose myBB to a larger usergroup?

It is shooting yourself in the foot if you ask me and a very strange attitude to have.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7