MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [ANYONE?] Help Jfusion project!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I wish the developers (or code savvy ppl) would at least work with jfusion....as it is an awesome plugin!
Any CMS bridge would be awesome...
(2009-08-15, 03:42 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-15, 03:34 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]ps. Right now, you could connect them all together, including MyBB (using jFusion), and your end-users would never know Joomla was involved.* Toungue

Or! We can avoid the middle man and just make a moodle plugin Wink. I think that's better than even messing with jfusion and wasting 20mb of my server space with something I won't even be using.Rolleyes

Sounds great, anyone working on it?
I think that this is the worst part of MyBB's developing community.... The lack of will to integrate MyBB with other software. Why is MyBB doing this? It's the greatest forum software, but still a forum software. This is why other softwares have bigger userbases, they offer more and better solutions.

This is why MyBB doesn't grow. JFusion is a great chance to encourage people enhance their experience and ultimately make better website solutions. Joomla might be slow or problematic as some say (I haven't experienced such a problem before), but still is one of the best free CMSs out there. The MyBB Developers, imho, should help and encourage developers with this bridge.

I tried MyBB and JFusion together and I must say it was awful, the MyBB admin user lost its privileges and I couldn't administrate the forum and dual login didn't work. I still can't understand how others implemented it.
Others manually fix teh bugs, or have no mods, or perfect servers.
What happened with our heros?

Labrocca? Pirata Nervo? Alexandru21?

D=
Hi, my name is David and I'm a professional (as in "do this for a living") developer, I have been using all kinds of forums and CMSs for quite some time and I just wanted to let you know that I was half a millimeter away from leaving SMF totally behind in favor of MyBB, until I read this thread.

Why?, SMF is not a real open source project (doesn't have an open source license) and a much of the development team went away (over here http://www.yourasoft.org/forum/), the project is now supervised by what I see as a tyrant, and I don't want my communities subject to an unhealthy project. I have several years with SMF now and comparing it feature wise with MyBB, MyBB wins, hands down.

The problem?, many sites are not solely forums, most of them have articles and web applications, and forums are a vital accessory, but still an accessory, accessory of a CMS, and Joomla is a great one (a lot of the actual credit goest to its community). I have used extensively phpBB, vB, SMF and I was really looking forward to this switch, but now its not going to be possible for me because of the lack of this plugin, as my site is article driven and I use Joomla, and I don't intend switching CMS any time soon.

The solution?, not trying to be judgemental here, but the perceived response from this community towards JFusion/Joomla is quite depressing to me, this is not what open source communities should interact like, this is just not healthy for any project. Now, perhaps asking someone from this community to step up and start coding for JFusion looks unrealistic at this point, but at least lending a hand helping out developers with the actual kinks of integrating different softwares would make an actual difference, not with actual development, but by facilitating the means for 3rd party developers for getting solutions to concrete doubts with the innerworkings of this really nice and well written project.

My suggestion: please open a "Third Party Integrations" forum in the "MyBB Resources" category, I'm sure this will build momentum towards the project, not from the inside but from the outside of this community, making it bigger and more present in other communities.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

David
I hope someone from MyBB community starts helping in development of the MyBB jFusion plugin. Very sad that there is no active development anymore.

Even paid forum systems like IPB or Vbulletin have donated a license to jFusion to help them integrate their systems with Joomla.

Joomla is the most used CMS in the world today. I don´t know how this will not benefit MyBB.

Features the MyBB plugin is lacking: http://www.jfusion.org/feature/jfusion-features
  • Proper dual login
  • Frameless integration
  • Export users from Joomla
  • Plus minor bug fixes

Well, someone can dream. Smile
Sad i so want to do this but don't know php, this year at college near the end like may June time we are doing PHP and i do hope i learn enough so i can work on it. As i have it on my site and use it no problems as everyone is fine with it. http://rollercoastermad.com/ But i am so scared that this community is going to push them away and they wont build it to keep it working correctly.

Please they have even said if someone with a little bit of knowledge would just go and help them a bit they will do the rest. But please don't let it die its a perfect opportunity to have mybb made even bigger.
(2010-07-07, 06:12 PM)Speeder Wrote: [ -> ]Joomla is the most used CMS in the world today. I don´t know how this will not benefit MyBB.
I agree people should help, but don't make claims that it's the MOST USED - because it's not. Also, people just aren't interested. I doubt many of the members that know PHP here use Joomla; most of the people's blogs I see on here are either WordPress, or sometimes Drupal - barely ever see a Joomla blog.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7