MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: LikeBB: Positions available!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Well, you can't make a rocket with no knowledge of rocket science. You could hire people to do the job for you, but then, you'd have to be willing to pay them...
(2009-01-03, 01:29 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you can't make a rocket with no knowledge of rocket science. You could hire people to do the job for you, but then, you'd have to be willing to pay them...

+1
hey guys i'm a painter and i'm looking to hire someone to paint a painting for me???
I'm waiting patiently for Dude 106 to post a new forum set up......It surely can't be long before he comes up with a new creation. Toungue
(2009-01-02, 11:14 PM)Clair Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-02, 07:58 AM)Giangy94 Wrote: [ -> ]No license violated! That file is created from us and I asked also a Chris Boulton, this is my PM:
Quote:Hi Chris
As you know I want create a new board with source of mybb, LikeBB, i have 1 question for you
If I create new file for likebb must i insert your copyright or not?
and this is his reply:
Quote:No
So there is ANY violation of copyright because that file is our!
That's IF you created the script yourself.
Not if you modified it.

Just to clearify, you don't have to use the MyBB gpl license (you have to use gpl license however) if you make any new files with your code, however if you copy the code from someone and they want the copyright you should clearify where it is taken from.

All files included on top of MyBB has to be released under GPL aswell. The most common way is to include the snippet of the license in the header of file, which doesn't seem to be in their header.

Read the license before making modifications.
O.o

Oh-my, Is this really happening? Dude????????? Give up some plugins and charge for them, much more profitable and less time consuming and hassle!
(2009-01-02, 07:58 AM)Giangy94 Wrote: [ -> ]No license violated! That file is created from us and I asked also a Chris Boulton, this is my PM:
Quote:Hi Chris
As you know I want create a new board with source of mybb, LikeBB, i have 1 question for you
If I create new file for likebb must i insert your copyright or not?
and this is his reply:
Quote:No
So there is ANY violation of copyright because that file is our!

You should distinguish the difference between license and copyright.
Yes so it's our file so it must have our copyright, we'll don't delete your copyright on yours files!
I unfortunately have to say "meh." to another type of forum system:s Kind've sad.
(2009-01-04, 10:46 AM)Giangy94 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes so it's our file so it must have our copyright, we'll don't delete your copyright on yours files!

That's not the problem. Copyright is one thing. License is another. The files you have has to be released under GPL license.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9