MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: LikeBB: Positions available!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Why dont you code the entire forum from scratch or as you can say from ground up? You are relying on MyBB API to do the thing but you are faced with GUL Licence. I have stable knowledge of PHP and it took me about 2 months to code a forum software which included

-Reply, New Topic, Admin CP, Ban, Kick, Edit, Delete that about it i never go the avatar code to work so i just quited on the project which i was developing under GUL and Creative Common Attribute License 2.5. This Project goal was to make it easier for webmaster running PHP website to link the SQL with the BB Software I called it StarBB alto it worked I just got to lazy to create any more things for it like plug ins, themes, well theme where easy cause StarBB was build to mimic vBulletin CSS and the other software which was StarBB One, was build to mimic IPB 2.2 CSS so they where 2 different versions on StarBB Aldo i always had idea of making cross CSS selector got 2 lazy...
So, how's this coming along??

Wink
I think this will fail, honestly.. I'm not trying to be an lime, but 2 people(the creators) that don't know PHP, but yet want people to do the site FOR them? Seems kind've petty in my opinion. But like I said, I'm not trying to be an lime - just stating my opinion.
I agree with you ^

Edit:
Their site Wrote:Beta 1 release: End of January 2009
Completed: 0%
Modified files: none

http://74.125.79.101/translate_c?hl=en&s...XJzKGoeqMw

Edit:
Their site Wrote:Release date moved to 15/02/09.
Before we didn't have the PHP Coder, now I found a very good italian Php Coder and we're working.
Honestly, this will fail for sure. I found most sites fail if the webmaster doesn't know the languages they offer, and it looks very unprofessional.
Why would they even want to join your project when they are doing all the work and your taking all the credit? What are you bringing to the table?
(2009-03-07, 03:52 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Why would they even want to join your project when they are doing all the work and your taking all the credit? What are you bringing to the table?
Yeah, good question(s).
We are a group and each makes its however wait some weeks and then you'll see the first release.
So is this a port of MyBB or something..orr? what?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9