MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CreateBB - Free MyBB Hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Let see the performance, after reach 10.000 users and 100.000 posts with Search activated Smile
(2009-02-28, 10:41 PM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]Let see the performance, after reach 10.000 users and 100.000 posts with Search activated Smile

Yeah, when you get to about 300 active forums things will start to bog down. Also, I sure hope you have command line access to the server so you can do a MySQL dump to save the database backups. Smile

From experience I know that forum host database backups are huge. Back on WebringAmerica the backups were at least 500MB big sometimes. Smile
Thats a big reason I decided to discontinue my own mybb hosting service, maybe when i have dedicated servers (note the s at the end)...
I think that me and Josh will need to start thinking on the perfomance problem. CreateBB 2.0 which I'm writing up has a new...way to improve perfomance and optimizes myBB for Multiforums. A quick piece of code thrown in can do much things.

Jimmie notes:
- Optimize Execution Time (Don't make it to take 50 minutes to compile and run the PHP code)
- Throw the head into the search which is resource incentive. Smile
Yeah, performance is definitely something that should be thought about; especially if CreateBB grows even more.
Performance is something I'm worried about.

Hopefully soon the design will be changed. I'm looking into getting a custom design.
Great work Josh, Jimmie! Big Grin

(2009-03-08, 03:33 AM)Snowman01 Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully soon the design will be changed. I'm looking into getting a custom design.

I can help if you give me a link at the bottom and a couple weeks (it would have to be an after-school job) to do the graphics. Unfortunately I'm not the world's most efficient coder so it would be in your best interest to get that done by another individual.
Okay! That would be great. Thanks!
but i not love subdomain
I can't read any of your posts. It isn't hard to use punctuation and correct grammar.

I'm assuming you don't like the .createbb.com subdomain.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13