MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CreateBB - Free MyBB Hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(2009-01-18, 03:22 AM)Snowman01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-18, 03:16 AM)BMR777 Wrote: [ -> ]Very, very nice! Nice work with the Admin CP too, that thing is gorgeous. Smile

I like that there is a free mybb forum host out there offering the hosting without ads as well. Maybe this will be the new WebringAmerica? Smile

I hosted free forums for 4+ years, then unfortunately went under. It looks like though you're site is the closest thing to a successor of WebringAmerica though as it has what the old Webring had of no ads and free backups. Smile

Keep up the great work and nice use of my multiforums mod. With WebringAmerica dead and CreateMyBB still using 1.2.X it looks like there's a power vacuum forming with all the new free MyBB forum hosts popping up. It will be very interesting to see which ones are still around in six months though, but your setup looks very stable and something that users will trust. Smile

Brandon

Wow. Thanks. That really means a lot. I would have never thought of maybe being a successor of WebringAmerica.
As long as it keeps up with this, keeps all the plugins, themes, and it's own version of MyBB up-to-date - it damn well could be!Big Grin
Yeah, your site has unlimited potential and seems like a place where users come first. Smile

I registered on your support forums BTW. If you ever need any extra help with the site or anything just let me know. I've got quite of bit of experience with these things and since Webring went under I've kinda missed the free forum hosting scene. Since your site seems to share the same values of WebringAmerica before it went under I'd be happy to help out once in a while if needed. Part of the reason I didn't start WebringAmerica back up again after I lost everything is that running a free forum host of any large size becomes nearly impossible to do alone after a while. Just a thought. Smile

Brandon
That would be nice!

BTW I edited the SideBoxes plugin and it did use the get_current_location function. I changed it to get_current_location_special. Thanks for the help. I would have never tried that. Smile
Looks like you have a hit here Josh.
(2009-01-18, 03:37 AM)Snowman01 Wrote: [ -> ]That would be nice!

BTW I edited the SideBoxes plugin and it did use the get_current_location function. I changed it to get_current_location_special. Thanks for the help. I would have never tried that. Smile

Yeah, I had the same problem with the same plugin. Smile

I guess I'll stop by your forums every once in a while then, or if you're ever looking for staff let me know. Since I coded the script I know about a lot of the little quirks such as with the plugin problem. Smile

Brandon
(2009-01-18, 03:37 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you have a hit here Josh.

It shocked me too. I never would have expected all of this. Big Grin

(2009-01-18, 03:40 AM)BMR777 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-18, 03:37 AM)Snowman01 Wrote: [ -> ]That would be nice!

Yeah, I had the same problem with the same plugin. Smile

I guess I'll stop by your forums every once in a while then, or if you're ever looking for staff let me know. Since I coded the script I know about a lot of the little quirks such as with the plugin problem. Smile

Brandon

I'll be sure to tell you.
Well, you do things right and give the people what they want then good things happen. Smile
Well if you need any help you know you can ask me Wink.
(2009-01-18, 12:38 AM)Snowman01 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The main coder of CreateBB. Big Grin He's dah bomb

Dodgy
He was the one who modified the ACP.

I really appreciate all the good comments. It means a lot. Big Grin

what? it's not like he can do it without you Toungue
Where are you guys seeing the ACP? Did you all register?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13