MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [release] Super Canonical
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2009-03-24, 01:34 AM)Snowman01 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone noticed if you switch the 'r' and 'w' in lar_bw0cker it says law_br0ker? Looks very similar to law breaker. Undecided

Uh, more like it's a pun of the name "labrocca" ...
(2009-03-24, 02:41 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-03-24, 01:34 AM)Snowman01 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone noticed if you switch the 'r' and 'w' in lar_bw0cker it says law_br0ker? Looks very similar to law breaker. Undecided

Uh, more like it's a pun of the name "labrocca" ...

I never thought of that actually. That makes more since. Especially if he is super_labrocca.
Has anyone checked the plugins? Are they a direct copy? or is he using the old trick im using for my coursework... find something on the net and write it in your own words...
(2009-03-24, 08:29 AM)upthevale Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone checked the plugins? Are they a direct copy? or is he using the old trick im using for my coursework... find something on the net and write it in your own words...

They're not direct copies, but if labrocca hadn't have released it, this wouldn't have been released, put it that way.
(2009-03-23, 09:33 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Lol at the name. But otherwise, I fail to see the link between a chosen username and why you're complaining about a free product.

I agree with the username being a bit suggestive, but the plugin name seems reasonable. What other name should he call it? All it does it two template replacements so there's really little scope for it here.
As for originality, very few things these days is "purely" original - including your SEO plugin and MyBB itself - the idea of a forum system long existed before MyBB came into existence, and the concept of SEO URLs in forums long existed before you made your plugin.

I do believe this guy has a funny intention but nevertheless, he's providing free alternatives for everyone (so you're not forced to signup and contribute somewhere in some way), not asking anything for it and isn't being abusive. If he wants to be this way, so be it, I see nothing wrong and in the end, MyBB users benefit, which is what we should be promoting.

I do think you're missing the point here Yumi. Look at it this way, how many other plug ins/mods has he "so called created" that other Members here have created? I don't see one! All the ones he's ever "copied" are ones created by Labrocca, why is that?

Also, since he's been posting here using other usernames (the one used now is so obvious and pathetic) and getting himself banned for things he's already done here (which pretty much involved Labrocca every time), why is he allowed to carry on under this username? Clearly many folks here know what his "game" is, and as you can see he's upset Labrocca who has been an awesome plug in/mod creator....I dunno, it just doesn't seem right whichever way it's looked at!

Untill the guy can come up with plug ins/mods that have been asked for in the Request forum (without "imitating" others, and as has already been stated in this post thread), I'd class this guy as a complete "phoney" who's trying to claim fame for things he can't put his mind to himself!!

Just an IMHO!
Yeah, alienating plugin authors is definitely good for MyBB in the long run :\
Wait until lowboker argue upon it Smile
We can wait (may be a long wait), then hopefully a translator comes along to translate his/her post. :p
(2009-03-25, 03:37 AM)Ghazala_Wali Wrote: [ -> ]Wait until lowboker argue upon it Smile
No, they won't have the chance to. I won't let this escalate once again.

(2009-03-25, 03:59 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]We can wait (may be a long wait), then hopefully a translator comes along to translate his/her post. :p
...Rolleyes

Just stop the bickering guys. A lot of thought has gone into this whole situation and the whole ordeal, on both a user-and-staff end. As it stands, our decision to not ban him/her is final. Until then, there's no need to bicker and complain until your in our shoes.

- Tom
Ok, tom that guy is super_labrocca, and you banned those names, why not this time?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6