MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ajax PM Notification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Ajax PM Notification Plugin for MyBB

This plugin checks automatic for new PM in background and shows immediately a nice semitransparent notification box if there is a new one (or two, or three, ...). Every user can enable or disable this box for its own by changing the setting Alert me with a notice when I receive a Private Message. in User CP.

Copy all files and folders to your MyBB root directory and activate it. No modifications to database or files need to be made (also the plugin do not modify any template)!

Notice: This plugin is multilingual and should use the internal language strings of the users language settings. If there is a problem and the plugin can't detect the correct string you can set your own (but hard coded) strings in the file pm.php.

If you don't like the style of the notification box, just modify the file pm.php.

If you want to upgrade the plugin with a newer version, just overwrite (upload again) the files an reaktivate the plugin (deactivate and aktivate).

[attachment=13314] [attachment=13325] [attachment=14073] [Image: ajaxpmnotice.th.gif]
If this works, I'll love you!!Toungue
That actually looks quite nice Smile
Indeed it doesSmile The semi-transperenacy looks very web 2.0Smile
(2009-03-29, 11:32 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]If this works, I'll love you!!Toungue

Give it a try! Toungue
(2009-03-29, 11:37 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-03-29, 11:32 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]If this works, I'll love you!!Toungue

Give it a try! Toungue
I am right nowSmile
Outstanding! Will try this out soon. Big Grin
I'm assuming it's done via CSS styling, as it floats to the right. Definitely looks sick thoughSmile
But I have to say one thing: I have debarred Internet Explorer 6.0! Sorry, but workarounds for this Non-Browser would blow up the code to an unacceptable size... Sad
Is this going to attach the Pharmaboard link to our sites? I've seen it happen before ...

(2009-03-29, 11:48 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]But I have to say one thing: I have debarred Internet Explorer 6.0! Sorry, but workarounds for this Non-Browser would blow up the code to an unacceptable size... Sad

Whatever, most of my site is busted in IE6 anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10