MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBSource Down !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2009-06-08, 07:35 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]Ohh.. You guys mean that MyBBsource is Hacked ! ??

MyBB Source wasn't hacked, it's host was hacked.
Oh... Thats mean that all the websites hosted on that host will also be hacked, Isi'nt it ?
Yes that is correct, and the reason was because the Virtualisation software which that host uses to run there VPS had an exploit which was just discovered and they hadn't updated their software. So it was not Nickmans fault or anything to do with MyBB which he was running for the record.
(2009-06-08, 06:13 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]I would hope so, too - as he had a lot of work on that site; and no backups make it worse. But not to sound like an lime, but isn't it pretty stupid to not backup your site? I mean, it's kind've common sense imho.. No offense, Nickman.; just my two cents. I have a small forum and I still have weekly backups done.

I agree, I do them manually daily. Especially on such a large site, you should of done the same. I hope you can get your website back on track.
That really upset moment both for nickman and for all of Us,
Such a great site and such an condition,

So what is the host name of him ?
The host has started restoring servers, so hopefully Source will be fine and back up soon.
This happened yesterday, there were a total of 24 vulnerabilities in HyperVM and LxAdmin. Hackers got access to HyperVM and wiped out drives.

I think MyBBSource is hosted on FSCKVPS. Here is a 47 pages long thread about them.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=867100
wow, bad news.
I should worry about my VPS.
This weekend, I will update my VPS.
But, regularly I did backup for 700MB MySQL every week Smile
(2009-06-08, 06:13 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]But not to sound like an lime, but isn't it pretty stupid to not backup your site? I mean, it's kind've common sense imho.. No offense, Nickman.; just my two cents. I have a small forum and I still have weekly backups done.

but he managed an external backup plugin > http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:tgXZ...clnk&gl=br

I don´t think it´s on that hand of "no-backup" at all - at least I hope so Sad

I do a weekly backup with SSH and I don´t bother if some data is lost between this.
Yeah but his remote backup was hosted on another VPS (from what i can gather) so he is worried that his external backup was affected as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7