MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBSource Down !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2009-06-09, 06:21 PM)Snowman01 Wrote: [ -> ]That isn't a Joomla! page. :p

That is the default index.html that DirectAdmin puts in a new user's public_html. So apparently the server MyBB Source is on uses DirectAdmin instead of cPanel, LxAdmin, or some other Control Panel.

No, it means he's putting it up on a different VPS Toungue. I know for a fact that vps used LxAdmin. So he's probably putting it up on the VPS he bought from Server Complete for bbhoster. As well he never used DA until he got that Toungue.
(2009-06-09, 07:02 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-09, 06:21 PM)Snowman01 Wrote: [ -> ]That isn't a Joomla! page. :p

That is the default index.html that DirectAdmin puts in a new user's public_html. So apparently the server MyBB Source is on uses DirectAdmin instead of cPanel, LxAdmin, or some other Control Panel.

No, it means he's putting it up on a different VPS Toungue. I know for a fact that vps used LxAdmin. So he's probably putting it up on the VPS he bought from Server Complete for bbhoster. As well he never used DA until he got that Toungue.

Yeah your right. I checked just a minute ago and BB Hoster and MyBB Source are hosted on his VPS from SC.

Luckily SC didn't have any trouble with HyperVM. That would suck for both AL and BB Hoster.
Yeah, I've been meaning to talk to Nickman about all of this, but he hasn't be on AIM for a while now. Hopefully he is able to restore a recent backup. Otherwise, we'll be stuck with posts from April or May Sad
I sent him a PM offering to help. I have servers and hosting if he needs it to rebuild. Funny thing I think I offered a while ago when his site did go down. I get DDOS attacked every now and then but I keep regular backups and haven't had any significant dataloss. I learned my lesson years ago when I had a server hacked and lost 6 months of data. I almost always keep server and local backups. I even archive my local backups onto DVD. I can go back 3 years and get info if I need it.

Backups...probably the #1 most important aspect that is overlooked. An sql backup takes just seconds.
(2009-06-09, 08:14 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I sent him a PM offering to help. I have servers and hosting if he needs it to rebuild. Funny thing I think I offered a while ago when his site did go down. I get DDOS attacked every now and then but I keep regular backups and haven't had any significant dataloss. I learned my lesson years ago when I had a server hacked and lost 6 months of data. I almost always keep server and local backups. I even archive my local backups onto DVD. I can go back 3 years and get info if I need it.

Backups...probably the #1 most important aspect that is overlooked. An sql backup takes just seconds.

That is funny too.

Just wondering why do you get DDOS'd? Like randomly or from a member from the past?
I get DDOS at HackForums.net but occassionally they attack Mybb Central too just for their own amusement. I can't speak on the logic but I assume part of it is for reputation. They believe taking down the #1 hacking forum on the net makes them someone.

There are jealous sites and groups too that like to see HF go down. Many are trying to make a name for themselves.
I don't get the whole pride by hacking thing.

Congratz. You hacked my site. You are a bigger nerd than i. You also have no family. Take that newb. lol.

I don't get it thats what i said to my ex-hacker friend.... changed his mind.
If anyone didn't notice MyBB Source is back online. The forum is closed though until everything is ready.
Teens often are destructive for no apparent reason.
If anyone wants to help me and the mybbsource rebuilding out, please email

[email protected] with any mybbsource mod you have lying around.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7