MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBSource Down !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
With the time that's put into these plugins, it would be wise to keep a hard copy.
It would be the equivalent of writing a book, and not keeping a copy for yourself.
(2009-06-09, 10:25 PM)Gordie Wrote: [ -> ]With the time that's put into these plugins, it would be wise to keep a hard copy.
It would be the equivalent of writing a book, and not keeping a copy for yourself.

Don't criticize me, i only printed 4 copies.....
(2009-06-09, 10:15 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]May i ask do you have every single plugin? like pre 1.2? wow....

You should always have a local copy of all your data (plus backup copies, the more the better). No matter how good the backup system supposedly is on the host side, if you don't have it locally, chances are you don't have it at all when something happens.

For code, you should even go as far as log every change in a version control system like git or svn. Although I don't do that myself for MyBB plugins, as they tend to be too trivial to be worth the hassle. Can't do without in >50k lines of code projects though.

Good luck on restoring, looks like you're gonna need it. It's sad to see projects dying due to data loss, same thing happened to Gentoo Wiki not too long ago, although in this case lots of data could be recovered by salvaging Google Cache.

If you had these files on your local hard disk at some point not too long ago, I'd also try local file rescue tools... tools like PhotoRec or GetDataBack can search for zip archives and such. It's really a dead last resort but if you don't have any other options it's still worth trying.
(2009-06-09, 10:15 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]May i ask do you have every single plugin? like pre 1.2? wow....

Yup...every theme, plugin, graphic that I have ever created for Mybb. Plus I have DVD backups of my backups. This holds true for all my work and sites.
(2009-06-09, 09:08 PM)Gordie Wrote: [ -> ]I have the following if you need them:

MyStore
MyBlogs
Affiliates Manager
Construction Mode
Custom Pages 3.0
Custom Online Locations
Form Manager
Group Subscriptions
Milestones
My Custom Errors
My Messenger Beta
Random Slogans
User Guestbooks
Welcome Message

and the following store items:
Guess The Number
Steal Item

I also have 2 of Alex's mods (not sure if he has them or not)
My Gallery Beta 6
Advance Profiles R1

Please send all other than myblogs to the address: [email protected] if you could. I would greatly appreciate it.
(2009-06-09, 10:33 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]

You should always have a local copy of all your data (plus backup copies, the more the better). No matter how good the backup system supposedly is on the host side, if you don't have it locally, chances are you don't have it at all when something happens.

For code, you should even go as far as log every change in a version control system like git or svn. Although I don't do that myself for MyBB plugins, as they tend to be too trivial to be worth the hassle. Can't do without in >50k lines of code projects though.

Good luck on restoring, looks like you're gonna need it. It's sad to see projects dying due to data loss, same thing happened to Gentoo Wiki not too long ago, although in this case lots of data could be recovered by salvaging Google Cache.

If you had these files on your local hard disk at some point not too long ago, I'd also try local file rescue tools... tools like PhotoRec or GetDataBack can search for zip archives and such. It's really a dead last resort but if you don't have any other options it's still worth trying.

Only thing i backup is school work. i never transfer sites either. if i can do it once i can do it again....
We would have downloaded all plugins if there was no bux (myBux system) requirements.
(2009-06-09, 10:46 PM)kan3 Wrote: [ -> ]We would have downloaded all plugins if there was no bux (myBux system) requirements.

This really isn't a good time to complain about that.
(2009-06-09, 10:46 PM)kan3 Wrote: [ -> ]We would have downloaded all plugins if there was no bux (myBux system) requirements.

OMFG. IT NOT A PAID PLUGIN. ITS NOT THAT HARD TO POST. >_>
(2009-06-09, 10:43 PM)Nickman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-09, 09:08 PM)Gordie Wrote: [ -> ]I have the following if you need them:

MyStore
MyBlogs
Affiliates Manager
Construction Mode
Custom Pages 3.0
Custom Online Locations
Form Manager
Group Subscriptions
Milestones
My Custom Errors
My Messenger Beta
Random Slogans
User Guestbooks
Welcome Message

and the following store items:
Guess The Number
Steal Item

I also have 2 of Alex's mods (not sure if he has them or not)
My Gallery Beta 6
Advance Profiles R1

Please send all other than myblogs to the address: [email protected] if you could. I would greatly appreciate it.

Sent...
Maybe you should scratch the ones we've sent you so we know what else is left to find.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7