MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No ones using IE i have proof
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
It's a bit of a trick competition. Check back for clues all the time. It's one of those competitions I can't be bothered with. Maybe if the price was upped a little, people may take part.

Anyway what's the big deal. It's obvious most people like other browsers than IE so why can't Microsoft just make IE even better and update it.

The only reason I don't use IE is because it's slow and the lack of cool addons.
(2009-06-19, 08:31 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-19, 08:29 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Why is that? We run contests to get visitors and posts on our forums. Wink

Running contests on your forum is a bit different. A giant company trying to get people to use IE because no one uses it, and they are offering money prizes.

It's just a bit sad, but not that much. If you don't get what I mean, then it doesn't really matter.

How is it any different? Instead of getting people to use software we're getting people to use a forum, and yes, a lot of contests involve prizes of monetary value. Wink
(2009-06-19, 08:40 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-19, 08:31 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-19, 08:29 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Why is that? We run contests to get visitors and posts on our forums. Wink

Running contests on your forum is a bit different. A giant company trying to get people to use IE because no one uses it, and they are offering money prizes.

It's just a bit sad, but not that much. If you don't get what I mean, then it doesn't really matter.

How is it any different? Instead of getting people to use software we're getting people to use a forum, and yes, a lot of contests involve prizes of monetary value. Wink

Yeah, I suppose. Good Job at proving me wrong Toungue
I just hate people bashing Microsoft for doing the same thing other people/companies do like they expect them to do thing differently for some reason.
(2009-06-19, 09:15 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I just hate people bashing Microsoft for doing the same thing other people/companies do like they expect them to do thing differently for some reason.

Sorry if you thought I was bashing Microsoft. I love all the Microsoft products!
(2009-06-19, 04:27 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]No, Firefox now has the majority (http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp) and that includes coorperate machines where IE is the only option so the percentage of people whos prefered browser is not IE would be even higher.

That's just W3School's data logs (which states on their website, is mostly for tech-savvy people). The only use that can be for is trend setting. You should (absolutely) no way trust those statistics as true. You should check out Browser Usage on Wikipedia, they are from Net Applications, which actually researches it across the internet.

You think IE isn't used anymore, or not the majority? Fail.
I still love FireFox, and Flock(based of FF) when FF is blocked...
I hope everybody turns to either FireFox or Opera soon, as designing for IE is a pain!
Well Microsoft have changed there comp you must to go http://www.tengrandisburiedthere.com/ in Firefox and you the + to zoom in Smile
As a webmaster I do have all browsers installed, Safari, Opera, IE 6,7 and 8, Iron (Chrome without Google) and of course my favourite - Firefox.
But in the meantime I stopped supporting IE 6 and 7, I'm just doing valid XHTML 1.1 and CSS 3 coding - if the user can't see the site in the right way it's his fault to use an old browser Toungue

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter

PS: LOL at the competition^^
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6