MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: www.mybbcodes.com Hacking Attempts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
It's probably not suspended. Hostgator do that if your site is under attack - kind of like a buffer - until they can prevent or protect the site better.
Mybbcodes.com is hosted at shared63.mtl.net.vexxhost.com
Suspended accounts at vexxhost will get this: vitalsouls.com/suspended.page

EDIT: Hostgator doesn't look through any scripts to ensure safety by the way.
Unless one of your plugins has a vulnerability I see no reason why you should shutdown your forum.
(2009-09-07, 08:26 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]You can rename the admin directory of your forum, which will make it harder. Remember to alter the information in the ./inc/config.php file. You can also hide all the links to the ACP - so even if they do manage to get into your account, they won't know where to access it.

Excellent advice. That makes it almost impossible for someone to access the acp.

I hope you get the problems squared away a.s.a.p.
If what you're saying is true Lennart, then I'm laughing a LOT. Otherwise you really own an apologise to ghazal I think. Either way, is that plugin of yours free ghazal?
I hope you get your site up soon.

Also, you should read this tut:
http://www.forum.mybbhelp.net/thread-19.html
(2009-09-07, 10:51 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]If what you're saying is true Lennart, then I'm laughing a LOT. Otherwise you really own an apologise to ghazal I think. Either way, is that plugin of yours free ghazal?

I don't feel like laughing when I see somebody lying at the whole community.

I wonder why a website hosted at vexxhost will get support by Hostgator and hostgator is doing security checks for this website (I'm a hostgator customer and didn't get any security check yet- I do run MyBB aswell lol). I wonder why we do get a suspended page and not a 404 error page if ghazal did put the forum offline. I do wonder why you'd put a forujm offline if a hacker wants to put it offline - the hacker achieves what he wanted without doing anything.
I also wonder why anybody would hack mybbcodes.com
Honestly - don't you think this is way too much wondering?
There's plenty of wondering, but there's no reason why to dig deep and honestly do you care that much? It's not affecting you, so let it go.
(2009-09-08, 12:17 AM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-09-07, 10:51 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]If what you're saying is true Lennart, then I'm laughing a LOT. Otherwise you really own an apologise to ghazal I think. Either way, is that plugin of yours free ghazal?

I wonder why a website hosted at vexxhost will get support by Hostgator and hostgator is doing security checks for this website (I'm a hostgator customer and didn't get any security check yet- I do run MyBB aswell lol). I wonder why we do get a suspended page and not a 404 error page if ghazal did put the forum offline. I do wonder why you'd put a forujm offline if a hacker wants to put it offline - the hacker achieves what he wanted without doing anything.

i don't know what reasons could have ghazal to lie to all mybb community
but i don't see neither why are you attacking him
are you in a personal vendetta or what?
come on!, it's just another mybb plugin developer, or there is a problem with him? (i wish not to believe that you are jealous beacuse his better job, Confused but i do not have another reason in mind)
(2009-09-08, 12:44 AM)glas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-09-08, 12:17 AM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]

i don't know what reasons could have ghazal to lie to all mybb community
but i don't see neither why are you attacking him
are you in a personal vendetta or what?
come on!, it's just another mybb plugin developer, or there is a problem with him? (i wish not to believe that you are jealous beacuse his better job, Confused but i do not have another reason in mind)

You say you're Ghazal's fan number one, and you call her "him" Toungue And well, I just won't get in your conclusions Glas...

@Lennar Sauter: I understand what you say, in all honesty. But you have to learn to live with people of this kind, trying to trick everyone with poor arguments (which I'm not saying Ghazal did, I just don't care about it). I know you want people not to fall in other's lie, but some say "there's no more blind person that whom don't want to see". I learnt to live ignoring this kind of threads/people/situations, but Unfortunately, I saw this one...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7