MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: www.mybbcodes.com Hacking Attempts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
But, how were you penetrated? If they found your Admin Directory why not just change it? It's not like they actually got into the admin CP.

And, again if it's secure why do you have close everything off from the public?
(2009-09-08, 07:14 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]But, how were you penetrated? If they found your Admin Directory why not just change it? It's not like they actually got into the admin CP.

Comon, read again what I posted...!
(2009-09-08, 07:21 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-09-08, 07:14 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]But, how were you penetrated? If they found your Admin Directory why not just change it? It's not like they actually got into the admin CP.

Comon, read again what I posted...!

But what you are doing is not the correct way to go about it. That's what doesn't make sense.

Why take your site offline (which is what the hackers want) when you know that there is no way they can get in. If you are really worried at the most put a .htaccess password on your admin directory then there is no way they could possibly get in.

Think about it this way, if someone is throwing pillows at a bulletproof army tank does the tank drive away? No because that would be ridiculous, there is no way the pillows will harm the tank.
See I'm not the only one that doesn't understand your logic Toungue.
Quote:Think about it this way, if someone is throwing pillows at a bulletproof army tank does the tank drive away? No because that would be ridiculous, there is no way the pillows will harm the tank.

Aww..! Undecided

I said earlier to "restrict any chance of being hacked (or attempt to hack) again, I switched off the files". Does 'nt make this sense ? If , for example , and before banning the IPs, I open the site, , and any hacker using proxy waiting me to do this (to open the forum) the its ridiculous me to burn the boats behind.
You yourself said it's secure though! If it's secure what can they do? Rolleyes
(2009-09-08, 07:28 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Think about it this way, if someone is throwing pillows at a bulletproof army tank does the tank drive away? No because that would be ridiculous, there is no way the pillows will harm the tank.

This is quite possibly the best explaination of an internet attack, ever.

Shy
(2009-09-08, 07:44 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]I said earlier to "restrict any chance of being hacked (or attempt to hack) again, I switched off the files". Does 'nt make this sense ? If , for example , and before banning the IPs, I open the site, , and any hacker using proxy waiting me to do this (to open the forum) the its ridiculous me to burn the boats behind.

But what harm is their hacking attempts doing to your site? Nothing.

They are throwing pillows at your army tank and you are running away from them.
(2009-09-08, 07:50 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-09-08, 07:28 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Think about it this way, if someone is throwing pillows at a bulletproof army tank does the tank drive away? No because that would be ridiculous, there is no way the pillows will harm the tank.

Shy

lol thanks :p
(2009-09-08, 07:47 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]You yourself said it's secure though! If it's secure what can they do? Rolleyes

Huh
Its secure from files, plugins, members, .htaccess wise.
(2009-09-08, 07:50 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]

Shy

Yes, but eventually the pillows will surround them and they'll suffocate Toungue.

I guess we'll call that DDoS Toungue.

Edit: You really don't understand do you ghazal?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7