MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: what php&html editor would you like to recommend for me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Dreamweaver outputs untidy code if you use the wysiwyg editor :p
The thing that's stopping me switching from Notepad++ to Gedit on Windows is that it doesn't save the files you had open when you close it. Or maybe I'm just too lazy to open them up each time Toungue
(2009-10-19, 06:59 PM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]Notepad is all you need.... but you can also try Adobe Dreamweaver, TPB helps you with that.

Some times notepad does enter random code (It does happen actually) no idea why though.
(2009-10-19, 07:14 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The thing that's stopping me switching from Notepad++ to Gedit on Windows is that it doesn't save the files you had open when you close it. Or maybe I'm just too lazy to open them up each time Toungue

I'd suggest that!
I may do Smile If it did that, and also kept line indentations, I'd make the switch. Now if I've indented 4 tabs in or something and press Enter, the new line goes back to the far left, in Notepad++ it goes to a new line indented the same as the line before. The fact it went back to no indentations annoyed me very quickly.
(2009-10-19, 07:00 PM)Buttons Wrote: [ -> ]Dreamweaver outputs untidy code if you use the wysiwyg editor :p

That's if you have it set to an old HTML version. Mine outputs it as valid XHTML, which is nice. It also can convert <embed> or <object> tags to browser safe code that works on all browsers. I <3 DW.

For free, I'd use conTEXT, not sure where to find it, but it was nice. It's like notepad and DW mixed. I liked it, until I got DW from a friend.
(2009-10-19, 10:08 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-19, 06:59 PM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]Notepad is all you need.... but you can also try Adobe Dreamweaver, TPB helps you with that.

Some times notepad does enter random code (It does happen actually) no idea why though.
(2009-10-19, 07:14 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The thing that's stopping me switching from Notepad++ to Gedit on Windows is that it doesn't save the files you had open when you close it. Or maybe I'm just too lazy to open them up each time Toungue

I'd suggest that!

enter random code wtf are u talking about? Toungue
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-40446.html

Some issues can occur. Its quite odd but it happens. Wordpad is supposely better, but i still love Gedit.
Notepad++ for me Smile
I like ConTEXT, personally.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6