MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: what php&html editor would you like to recommend for me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
i know, but can he make it compadible with linux (which can use .net 1&2) with wine
I could use GTK, I have made some applications for linux which use GTK++ 2.0
However, I don't have linux installed since I installed windows 7 and can't be bothered to install a distro just to re-code the plugin generator Toungue
can you make it without .net?
(2009-10-21, 09:35 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]I could use GTK, I have made some applications for linux which use GTK++ 2.0

NO! Use a real cross-platform library like wxWidgets, which at least tries to use the platform's native controls whenever possible (i.e. the "Save As" dialog). It also properly supports the Mac GUI.

It does all of this by not re-inventing the wheel at every turn like GTK++ 2.0 for not-Linux.
(2009-10-21, 11:35 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-21, 09:35 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]I could use GTK, I have made some applications for linux which use GTK++ 2.0

NO! Use a real cross-platform library like wxWidgets, which at least tries to use the platform's native controls whenever possible (i.e. the "Save As" dialog). It also properly supports the Mac GUI.

It does all of this by not re-inventing the wheel at every turn like GTK++ 2.0 for not-Linux.

http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html
However, if I was going to make it cross platform, I'd use OpenGL or SDL.
@JKD yes but I don't have time and can't be bothered to waste the few free time I have
(2009-10-22, 01:22 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-21, 11:35 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]

http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html

GTK++ 2.0's Windows port (and from what I hear, it's Mac port too) sucks, because they don't use the platform's native controls. They use their own reinventions, and they crap all over the platforms' UI standards. wxWidgets, on the other hand, is designed to make a cross-platform application not feel horribly out of place on a platform other than Linux. wxWidgets is a real cross-platform library. GTK++ 2.0 is a half-assed port of the Linux library.
I have never used wxWidgets and I am not going to learn it just to port my application.
Until now, SDL and OpenGL have been enough for me though OpenGL is getting outdated
Just let him make it as he wishes. if he wants to make it only for the 13% of users who use windows he can.
That and OpenGL is a 3D API and not a GUI API...
since when did gtk, opengl, wxwidgets and stuff have anything to do with an html editor? except from that the html editor might be build in it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6