MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Win7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
No, I mean go to www.php.net and download the PHP Installer for Windows.

If you want MySQL, you'll want to download and install that before doing PHP.
I have teh Microsoft free one. Is there a windows installer for that too? Ah there is. Thank you Ryan.
(2009-11-02, 08:57 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]Lennart, what are the errors you're getting with XAMPP and Win7?

Got none but apache didn't start.

I did now solve my problem with XAMPP / Win7 - I installed XAMPP not to C:\Program Files (x86)\xampp but instead to C:\xampp and everything is working for now.

Let's keep rocking Big Grin

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
Out of all the windows, isn't XP the best? I think it's better than the others.. Vista was a let down too.
No, XP was not the best. I personally very much like Vista, and once I get 7 I'm pretty sure I'll like it too. XP was not much better than a pretty version of 2000.
XP ruled for me and so does 7, I just hate Vista - too slow and too bloated.
Sorry Firestryke Smile
(2009-11-04, 04:01 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]No, XP was not the best. I personally very much like Vista, and once I get 7 I'm pretty sure I'll like it too. XP was not much better than a pretty version of 2000.

Can't say I preferred XP over Vista either.. it's not the best OS by any means, 'nor is 7 or Vista. Sure it might run faster but to be completely honest I'd use something that looks really good over something that looks old and gives me slightly better performance.
(2009-11-04, 05:33 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-04, 04:01 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]No, XP was not the best. I personally very much like Vista, and once I get 7 I'm pretty sure I'll like it too. XP was not much better than a pretty version of 2000.

Can't say I preferred XP over Vista either.. it's not the best OS by any means, 'nor is 7 or Vista. Sure it might run faster but to be completely honest I'd use something that looks really good over something that looks old and gives me slightly better performance.

Well, the performance - XP was twice as fast as Vista for me.
And a lot of programs did not run under Vista for me. Thanks MS for the virtual Xp at 7 - I'm not sure I could've completely upgrade otherwise as I do have a lot of old but great programs that do only work with XP...
I guess that's where it didn't really matter to me; All of the programs I'd installed had worked no problem. The only real issue I had was formatting my PSP memory stick for installing custom firmware, but it didn't really matter anyways because I had a PC running XP right beside me anyways Toungue
(2009-11-04, 06:33 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-04, 05:33 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, the performance - XP was twice as fast as Vista for me.
And a lot of programs did not run under Vista for me. Thanks MS for the virtual Xp at 7 - I'm not sure I could've completely upgrade otherwise as I do have a lot of old but great programs that do only work with XP...

I did test on a laptop with 7 on it, and my computer with an similar XP version, and apps do run faster still on XP. Which i guess most people don't care about... But gamers, XP still is faster....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28