MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Win7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Installed Windows 7 on my laptop, currently in the process of waiting for Visual Studio 2008 to grace me with the honour of it finishing its installation.
(2009-11-09, 10:26 PM)MrD. Wrote: [ -> ]Installed Windows 7 on my laptop, currently in the process of waiting for Visual Studio 2008 to grace me with the honour of it finishing its installation.

I hate install apps. Takes so long. May be just cuz i installed 61 copies of office but i doubt it...
(2009-11-09, 10:29 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]I hate install apps. Takes so long.

[attachment=15927]
Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to see triangle man a few hundred times while it was installing.
Windows 7 is not perfect just overloaded resource monster, along side Windows Vista.
I'll be testing installation on a VM Ware virtual machine tomorrow under the latest VMWare for Linux. *crosses fingers*

(I doubt it'll work OOB, but who knows)

I'm also gonna install it on a 1.4GHz that I just have sitting around doing nothing... as soon as I empty a hard drive to stick in it anyways.
(2009-11-09, 07:16 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]No, it was some mainboard incompatibility- had a hard time to enable virtualization on my gigabyte board.
Enabling VT (assuming Intel CPU) on a Gigabyte mobo is just changing the appropriate option.
Got nothing to do with compatibility...

I also found the random pictures on the Visual Studio installer distracting to some extent too...
BTW, MrD., since you have way more experience with MSVS than I do, I got a question. When I install MSVS08 + SP1, it doesn't seem to put the msvcrt90.dll files in the system folders, so compiling a C/C++ app using the CRT DLL option always fails to run... I just found a copy of the files in the WinSxS directory - chose one which matched the version of MSVS and copied the x86 versions to SysWOW64 and x64 to System32.
Actually, I think it only affects the debug versions of the DLL (msvcrt90d.dll or something; memory a bit fuzzy) - running a debug release never works, unless I change the Code Generation to statically link the CRT, or use the non debug version of the DLL.
Did MSVS08 install the appropriate CRT debug DLLs for you?
Assuming you meant msvcr90.dll, and not msvcrt90.dll. I have them in the Windows SxS directory and also the Visual Studio 9.0 directory in Program Files and I don't get any of the issues you mentioned.

My debug Code Generation configuration is set to /MDd and my release is set to /MD.
Cool, thanks, I'll give that a shot next time - didn't know it was included in the MSVS directory.
(2009-11-10, 11:31 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-09, 07:16 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]No, it was some mainboard incompatibility- had a hard time to enable virtualization on my gigabyte board.
Enabling VT (assuming Intel CPU) on a Gigabyte mobo is just changing the appropriate option.
Got nothing to do with compatibility...

No, I do run a gigabyte board with an AMD Phenom II X4.
I enabled it in BIOS but when starting Win 7 some files had been corrupted. After three times rebooting the hardware virtualization was disabled and 7 worked again.
I enabled it again and 7 started normally. Now sometimes my board updates its BIOS and deactivates the virtualization again - I really wonder about it.

I should maybe get a new board - this one sucked from beginning (problems with dual channel)... I'll see Smile
Never had any issues with my Gigabyte motherboard (though Intel CPU) and even swapping with VT on and off, so might be just your board.
Maybe you're using auto-updating features for the BIOS? Or if you've overclocked or something, and the board thinks it's unstable, it may try restoring the backup BIOS.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28