MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Win7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
I'm in the same boat as MrD. Also I don't see a desktop switch all I see is a button to return to the desktop not a new instance of it.
I didn't say Win7 has the multiple workspaces, I said that may be the next thing Winblows steals from Linux. But another example is the pinning. Thats also stolen from Linux Wink

As for the new taskbar (starting in Vista) starting to look like Linux, it does depend on how your distro makes the taskbar look. But the small round icon in place of the old start menu is part of it. In Mandriva Gnome has a yellow star. I forget what KDE has. In Fedora KDE has a Fedora "f" logo in a blue circle. Now Windoze has their "Window" icon in a circle. Hmm, gee, coincidence? I think not. There was so much I noticed even in Vista, but its been over a year since I touched Vista so I don't remember many of them.
Windows also has a menu that pops up when you press said round button! OMG HAX STOLEN FROM LINUX!

I seriously think you're just looking for things that aren't there. Having a logo in a circle is hardly unique, and to be fair, I always felt like KDE was trying to emulate the "feel" of the Windows desktop (but a lot worse than a Windows desktop).
No, actually Linux stole that Wink
Lol @ spam.

(2009-10-27, 03:43 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try WMP 12? Amazing... and with new codec pack I was very happy so far- no need for VLC at the moment (which I used a lot at XP).
No I haven't tried it, but it apparently forces a new MediaFoundation system and doesn't render via DirectShow. Which means you're forced to use the crappy in-built H.264 decoder (which doesn't even always work). WMP has historically been bloated too.

Well, it's just totally crap compared to MPC-HC or KMPlayer. VLC is a horrible player last time I tried - I'd personally prefer WMP over VLC.

BTW, doesn't appear that the in-built Windows firewall allows you to get applications to request network access. Only rules you can add relate to authentication.
(2009-10-28, 02:59 AM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]I said that may be the next thing Winblows steals from Linux. [...] Thats also stolen from Linux Wink

Did you know that Microsoft has thousands of patents of which Linux, Apple and others infringe? Microsoft even have the Page Up / Page Down feature patented. Go figure.
Of course I knew that, but I dislike M$'s Monopoly Wink
@ralgith: Are you physically able to write the word "Microsoft", or "Windows" without turning it into an pseudo-insult? If you think it makes you look clever than you are wrong, all it does it make you look like a petulant child trying to be rebellious.
(2009-10-28, 05:20 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]LOL @ this guy http://www.team2play.net/?p=94

Where is the facepalm smile? If you really want to look at system requirements why not just compare it to DOS? I mean really! XP was released like 8 years ago! Not to mention it wasn't the most stable OS they had out of the box either.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28