MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Joomla-Mybb Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I've found that a bridge in my case won't be helpful...I'd need to integrate the sites together...aka integrate joomla with mybb (the way they do it with simple machines forum).

So...I'm not sure how to proceed since a bridge would have been much easier. I'd imagine that this will stall out again...which is a shame.
An integration in Joomla like it is done with WordPress or MediaWiki would really be great. On the other hand it has not to be a "full integration" (at least right from the start), that would be doing the administration of mybb from the Joomla admin panel. I think it would be a great start to have one login from Joomla and the possibility to display it as a module.

I think it would add to the popularity of MyBB - can it be that hard? Smile
It wouldn't be that hard...coppermine does it with about 7 different bulletin boards...

It would be a bridge just like that.
I Want this done with Joomla Too.
So did somebody finally start this work to make a bridge done?
I would truly be very interested in a Joomla module / bridge. I think it would bring alot more users to mybb as well. Many folks would drop smf in a heartbeat as mybb is much better. I feel that joomla and drupal need to be focused on for mybb bridges.., so many sites use the two..., would be smart to get the mainstream site owners to hop on to mybb that way dont you think?!
vintagedaddyo Wrote:I would truly be very interested in a Joomla module / bridge. I think it would bring alot more users to mybb as well. Many folks would drop smf in a heartbeat as mybb is much better. I feel that joomla and drupal need to be focused on for mybb bridges.., so many sites use the two..., would be smart to get the mainstream site owners to hop on to mybb that way dont you think?!

Yes I'm sure this would help with MyBB's growth. This could be a project after they get the converters finished. Tiki Toungue
-.-
Interesting thread. Have seen one like this on lots of BBoard types out there. Seems to me that it would be the CMS that adapts to the forum type (since it is a content management system).

Just my 4.6 cents worth.

I agree that Joomla is one of the better CMS' out there.....Has anyone proposed this at the Joomla support forums? Just a thought. If myBB created it then they would have the responsibilty of maintaining it and offering support for installs of it and upgrading it to new release versions and so on.

oops, just noticed the date of this thread...didn't mean to revive the dead...feel free to delete.
Hey, I'm glad I Just saw this thread..

Is there any news on the whole Joomla and MyBB integration?

I use Joomla for all my business websites, and would really really love the whole integration thing with MyBB! It'd be a match made in heaven! SMF ... Yuk!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10