MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Joomla-Mybb Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I'll wait for this. I used Joomla-SMF for two years already and found out about myBB only last week. I was just amazed with its features. I hope there'll be an integration mod for Joomla.
Not to bump this or anything... I'd REALLY love to see myBB to joomla integration also. If there has been one made + Fireboard to myBB conversion tool, it'd be heaven! Big Grin
hi all!
i'm working on a joomla integration...
the login form actually works, the next step is to link the users but I hope that everything works fine in the next days.....

see you soon!Wink
ghiboz Wrote:hi all!
i'm working on a joomla integration...
the login form actually works, the next step is to link the users but I hope that everything works fine in the next days.....

see you soon!Wink

The only problem is the Joomla staff won't support this. As MyBB isn't under the GPL that's why the SMF Bridge project was shut down Wink
NetSage Wrote:The only problem is the Joomla staff won't support this. As MyBB isn't under the GPL that's why the SMF Bridge project was shut down Wink

oops... and why this?Sad
ghiboz Wrote:
NetSage Wrote:The only problem is the Joomla staff won't support this. As MyBB isn't under the GPL that's why the SMF Bridge project was shut down Wink

oops... and why this?Sad

Well they are taking the GPL wording to the extreme. They only want things to bridged to that are also under the GPL. There is talk about this on both the SMF and Joomla forums Wink.
i've finished...
now i'm working on configuration ad usability

the all consist in:
  • MyBB plugin
  • Joomla component to make the login
  • Joomla component to show the MyBB calendar
  • Joomla index.php modified to bridge the 2 worlds

Wink
ghiboz, can you share your component/plugin?

on the gpl issue, you can release the component as GPL anyways.
Isn't Joomla also Open Source just like MyBB? So why would Joomla not support it?
DanEthical Wrote:Isn't Joomla also Open Source just like MyBB? So why would Joomla not support it?

Because MyBB isn't under the GPL. Joomla is taking the GPL as it can only be bridged or something with GPL licenses (I don't really get it my self I just know they stopped supporting SMF for a licensing reason)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10