MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Joomla-Mybb Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
You have to install component (jfusion.zip) user plugin (jfusion_user.zip) authentication (jfusion_auth.zip) and a login module (jfusion_login.zip).
You should include mybb into the component package before installation or adopt it after the installation. Easier is before. In the mybb.zip package there are two files that substitutes the standard jfusion.zip ones (do not be afraid they do nothing but adding mybb into the package database table).

Then follow standard setup procedure that the JFusion developer described on his pages. You can use wizzard for mybb.

Installing activity module (jfusion_activity) is of no use now because the querying function is not finished for myBB. It is the last thing.

The first thing to be done now is implement cookies that enables "login once" functionality.
myBB plugin ver 1.0.1 for JFusion alpha 1.0.3 released today

What's new:
- cookies creation finished.
That means JFusion logs into Joomla AND myBB at the same time now.

You can download it for testing(!!!) here: http://www.jfusion.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29
myBB plugin ver 1.0.2 for JFusion component released today.

What's new in this plugin version
- function getQuery() has been finished, that means JFusion Activity module (myBB latest threads, post, etc. in Joomla module) works.
Known issues
- to see that you are actually log out from myBB after your logout via Joomla you have to refresh the browser
- remember me functionality has not been implemented yet

You can download it here: http://www.jfusion.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29
Remember neither component nor myBB plugin is suitable for production servers. Still apha releases.
Thanks for the hard work MarHaj! It hasn't gone unnoticed, especially on my end . I'm really digging being able to login to both... Big Grin!
Yes, thank you MarHaj, this is most appreciated
What about joomla 1.0.x versions? Migration to joomla 1.5 still is buggy and difficult.
darkteller Wrote:What about joomla 1.0.x versions? Migration to Joomla 1.5 still is buggy and difficult.
The developer of JFusion component does not intend to do it for Joomla 1.0.x. The reason is that only Joomla 1.5.x has its core code philosophy prepared for this kind of bridge.
And I think he has alot to do with the bridge for J1.5. To make it perfect will take him not negligable time.
wow, this is impressive ;D I stopped working with Joomla a while back (because I fell in love with Wordpress) and one of the reasons why was because I didn't like SMF very much, and there wasn't much of an alternative for Joomla plugins that worked with other (freeand decent) forum software. I hope this thread gets more publicity! Smile
I hope ghiboz is still alive.
i'm waiting like a Kid before Birtday for the Presents Wink

An Integration to 1.0 would be so great!

Greetings
Any chance of getting this thread moved to the modifications/mods forum?

Nice job btw. I switched from MK to joomla and all is working good. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10