MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Joomla-Mybb Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Some Friends of mine and I are going to try to develop a working bridge for Drupal and MyBB.
After that a Joomla <--> MyBB-Bridge ist thinkable. But I won't promise anything.
(2008-10-15, 01:55 PM)MGadAllah Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-15, 06:03 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]Not trying to be rude but,
Nothing and i mean NOTHING in this world could get me ever to go back to phpbb.

Why not just use MK_Portal?

What happened to you with phpBB3, and I've tried mkportal before and really joomla fits me more, but just curious for your point regarding phpBB.

I tested it for a while. blah
Just too much work to get what i have now using this. Talking about having to manually install mods a number of which already come built in with mybb such as quick reply. I did that years ago and dont miss it one bit. One thing for sure is my members would riot if the ajax stuff like quick edit/quick reply etc was gone/taken away.
(2008-10-15, 02:02 PM)VargTimmen Wrote: [ -> ]Some Friends of mine and I are going to try to develop a working bridge for Drupal and MyBB.
After that a Joomla <--> MyBB-Bridge ist thinkable. But I won't promise anything.
hum ... yes yes I understand as it happened a lot that many members here and at other places mentioned such a thing and no one was able to do such a thing so far.
(2008-10-15, 03:04 PM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]

What happened to you with phpBB3, and I've tried mkportal before and really joomla fits me more, but just curious for your point regarding phpBB.

Just too much work to get what i have now using this. Talking about having to manually install mods a number of which already come built in with mybb such as quick reply. I did that years ago and dont miss it one bit. One thing for sure is my members would riot if the ajax stuff like quick edit/quick reply etc was gone/taken away.

correctly that many featrues in MyBB are built-in but not without MODs in phpBB but again remember that we are not comparing phpBB with MyBB but we are talking about integrating Joomla with a forum software and we are discussing possibilities to do so, so it will depend on your needs and for example, I do like MyBB more then phpBB a lot but I had to use phpBB with Joomla because it is the only one that could be integrated with Joomla successfully, and I am still here at MyBB website following up what is going on and will not lose hope to find such a bridge then convert to MyBB using the converters.
but I've said in several threads that which software to be used is a matter of preferences and needs.
I hope you got what I am talking about my friend Smile
And I am telling what I am saying for the good of the MyBB.

Thanks
Mohamed
(2008-10-15, 05:46 PM)MGadAllah Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-15, 02:02 PM)VargTimmen Wrote: [ -> ]Some Friends of mine and I are going to try to develop a working bridge for Drupal and MyBB.
hum ... yes yes I understand as it happened a lot that many members here and at other places mentioned such a thing and no one was able to do such a thing so far.

correctly that many featrues in MyBB are built-in but not without MODs in phpBB but again remember that we are not comparing phpBB with MyBB but we are talking about integrating Joomla with a forum software and we are discussing possibilities to do so, so it will depend on your needs and for example, I do like MyBB more then phpBB a lot but I had to use phpBB with Joomla because it is the only one that could be integrated with Joomla successfully, and I am still here at MyBB website following up what is going on and will not lose hope to find such a bridge then convert to MyBB using the converters.
but I've said in several threads that which software to be used is a matter of preferences and needs.

Thanks
Mohamed

Oh i understood. Smile I was citing my example of why PHPBB/Joomla wouldnt be worth it to me anyways. Again thats me. If i am in a hurry ( which i believe was part of his point ) to get things back together and do what i need them to do MYBB would be my choice as i have managed to do the same with MK_Portal as i have with Joomla and thus i saved time by avoiding having to go find and installing mod's ( IF your a newb Admin You are gonna have a very rough go of it installing mods on phpbb ) to get back most of what i had here. Hopefully that made sense.
(2008-10-16, 06:49 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-15, 05:46 PM)MGadAllah Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks
Mohamed

Oh i understood. Smile I was citing my example of why PHPBB/Joomla wouldnt be worth it to me anyways. Again thats me. If i am in a hurry ( which i believe was part of his point ) to get things back together and do what i need them to do MYBB would be my choice as i have managed to do the same with MK_Portal as i have with Joomla and thus i saved time by avoiding having to go find and installing mod's ( IF your a newb Admin You are gonna have a very rough go of it installing mods on phpbb ) to get back most of what i had here. Hopefully that made sense.

Hello
Really it was a very long time since last time I was here Smile
Just want to tell what happened with me.
I've tried joomla and phpbb using the rocket werx bridge and things working very fine since a long time with no issues and when I face any problem I report it and report it and it got solved.
Onthe other hand I am still very much interested and found of MyBB but Joomla is a must have for me now and this is why I am going with phpbb nothing more nothing less.
One day some one will make a bridge for mybb and joomla and then I do the convert.

Thanks for the good effort MyBB team and looking forward for more.
Quote:One day some one will make a bridge for mybb and joomla and then I do the convert.
There is one actually: jfusion.org
GNU/GPL and really working.
Try it.
(2009-04-18, 08:54 AM)MarHaj Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:One day some one will make a bridge for mybb and joomla and then I do the convert.
There is one actually: jfusion.org
GNU/GPL and really working.
Try it.

No it is not working my friend.SadBlush
(2008-10-14, 02:15 PM)MadamZuZu Wrote: [ -> ]iv had the mybb bridge to joomla forever now and im loving it.
looke here: http://xrumxrum.com

you have to use jfusion to get it to work, and it works like a charm!

Hello MadamZuZu,

please define "bridge". I visited your site and clicked on "forum". I didnt see any integration, but a new window opening containing the forum.
(2008-10-14, 02:15 PM)MadamZuZu Wrote: [ -> ]iv had the mybb bridge to joomla forever now and im loving it.
looke here: http://xrumxrum.com

you have to use jfusion to get it to work, and it works like a charm!

I have it working . and it is the same as yours... but of course there is a log in showing and hello guest. I was certain that they could just log in..under their user name which they can..but I thought the user name would show too. I am a newbie to joomla but certainly not to mybb. Hope I have it working correctly LOL...
Show where?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10