MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] Tabbed forum with jQuery (multi categories in one tab)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
is this available in plugin type for easy installation and automatic naming of tabs? can anyone provide the css styles for the way the tabs appear on top ie; to blend with the site background in rounded tabs/ square tabs .... etc
It works great. Thank you soo much! =)
This is very helpful thanks a bunch! About the CC thing... Most people have Mybb not only because its awesome but because its free. They shouldn't have to pay for stuff that should be free.
Hey, I was wondering if there is any way to make the active tab still active after I refresh the page.
this tutorial will not make like what HF tabbed menu right? Big Grin
(2010-11-04, 11:48 PM)xLaLax Wrote: [ -> ]this tutorial will not make like what HF tabbed menu right? Big Grin

No, slightly different, HF's is a paid plugin by Labrocca.
I installed this to the Tee and all the tabs came up fine, but when on the main index(which is where all my visitors will be landing) all the sections show up. How do I fix this?

I just read through the thread and it seems like a lot of people are having the same problem. Before you give me the same answer you've given them - I've uploaded the file and the destination is correct. I've also put that code into global.css. I've followed everything to a Tee and still have the problem.
Its important that in the css you specify which forums are hidden on display. Assuming that you have 6 categories, each containing two forums, see the code below: If you put this in your css stylesheet then it would hide the categories 2 through 6. It would also hide the forums inside those categories. Category 1 and its two forums would show by default as we have not hidden it/them.

.at {
    background: #a3181e;
    color: #ffffff;
}
#cat_2{
display: none;
}

#cat_3{
}

#cat_4{
}

#cat_5{
}

#cat_6{
}
I actually like this better then the tab plugin.
I'll add this one soon Smile
Thanks Alot for this tutorial it helped alot. I have my site up at
http://www.forum.123network.net Just starting to edit the categories now.If any one wanted me to make a video tutorial on this I could Just reply.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17