MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] Tabbed forum with jQuery (multi categories in one tab)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Hey man i want to make like this on my site..but my FORUMS..but my individual blog..so is there any tut for that ?
Thanks for the tut.
I managed to work my way through it, and even managed to get multiple categories into each tab.
Have a look ar my forum and tell me what you guys think

http://musicentral.net/
looks nice proXace
I can't get it working Undecided I will now try again
(2010-07-25, 03:35 PM)5416339 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man i want to make like this on my site..but my FORUMS..but my individual blog..so is there any tut for that ?
I think this tut would work for your blog, it's just where do you put the div tag and the code to get the ID
(2010-08-11, 08:23 AM)proXace™ Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the tut.
I managed to work my way through it, and even managed to get multiple categories into each tab.
Have a look ar my forum and tell me what you guys think

http://musicentral.net/
I can;t access your forum
(2010-08-11, 09:08 AM)computertalk Wrote: [ -> ]looks nice proXace
Smile
(2010-08-11, 09:58 AM)Revox3 Wrote: [ -> ]I can't get it working Undecided I will now try again
yeah, try every little step
Hello can this be done that instead of multiple categories in 1 tab, there should be seperate tab for each category.

Regards
Praveer
You can make it appear only the first tab? When we opened the forum tab is not the first meets all the forums. You can change this?
(2010-08-15, 10:39 AM)Praveer Wrote: [ -> ]Hello can this be done that instead of multiple categories in 1 tab, there should be seperate tab for each category.

Regards
Praveer

I think you can do that by put the same forum's ID you want into multiple tabs, I guess that's your answer?

(2010-08-15, 12:09 PM)Minnemann Wrote: [ -> ]You can make it appear only the first tab? When we opened the forum tab is not the first meets all the forums. You can change this?

yeah, you can, and I actually did show you how to do that, you just have to put this into you global.css
#cat_forumid1, #cat_forumid2{
display: none;
}
Where forumid1 and [b]forumid2[b] are the ID of the forums you want to hide.
http://musicentral.net

The site was moving servers at the time you checked Joey.

It is possible to place multiple categories into a each tab. Look at my forum and go through the tabs, each tab has about 2 categories.

This is what I had done. Was abit of trial and error, but I managed to figure out exactly what was what.

<td class="tcat at tab" title="Category 1 &amp; 7" style="cursor: pointer;" rel="cat_1, #cat_7">Tab 1</td>

<td class="tcat tab" title="Category 12 &amp; 13" style="cursor: pointer;" rel="cat_12, #cat_13">Tab 2</td>

<td class="tcat tab" title="Category 14 &amp; 15" style="cursor: pointer;" rel="cat_14, #cat_15">Tab 3</td>

<td class="tcat tab" title="Category 16" style="cursor: pointer;" rel="cat_16">Tab 4</td>

See the category numbers? Well unless you exactly know what number each category is, work your way through each number. Obviously the more forums you have, the higher the number will be.

Change 'Tab #' to the name of the tab that you want.

Its abit like trial and error. Change the category number and save it. Then check your forum to see if there is more then one category in a tab. If not repeat the process but change the number to the next number in the number line.

Joey, feel free to use my site as a demo if need be, as the demo you have now is not online.
Hi,

I installed "Tabbed forum with jQuery" on my forum but I cannot find the categorie's IDs. How do we find them?

Sincerly,
Shannou06.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17