MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Switched to Opera 10.5 for now, what about you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
So lately I have read stories online that Opera is now the fastest browser and that it has 7x faster JavaScript loading. They also claim that their browser for the iPhone will be 6x faster than Safari. Now of course I had to see this for my self and I must say I am freaking impressed. It looks really sleek and modern and loads pages blazingly fast. Like at least 3 or 4 times faster than Firefox and Chrome.

So I will probably be using Opera for now (which I thought would never ever happen in my life) until Firefox 4 comes out and than I will have to see which one is better Smile.
I used to like Opera, but it got slow eventually and I couldn't use it anymore. After about 5 months of using it, it starts to get slow. Everything I tried, emptying cache, clearing everything, even uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work. So, I currently use Google Chrome for Mac beta cause it has what I need.
Try the 10.5 is amazing! I never really believed in Opera and I always classified them under the same category as Internet Explorer but Opera 10.5 really pulled Opera out of that classification.
Opera is terrible in my opinion. I don't care if they have the fastest Javascript engine yet. They still don't have default OS form elements. If I want Opera to change those form elements, I would skin it so it would be different. If they revert back to the defaults, I might consider changing.
Wow am on it now. It is pretty cool. Firefox was getting a little annoying for me as sometimes when I downloaded something it would crash.
I tried it, it wasn't bad but for the record Chrome is faster, there is a benchmark on Tom's Hardware where they conducted several tests. The widgets were probably one of the main reasons I went back to FF and Chrome, they look like they were made by 12 year olds. Opera Dragonfly is buggy as hell and I couldn't even add a button to the status bar. AdBlock+ was also lacking in Opera. I couldn't middle mouse click the back or forward buttons. What a pain.
(2010-03-14, 04:34 PM)computergeek67 Wrote: [ -> ]Opera is terrible in my opinion. I don't care if they have the fastest Javascript engine yet. They still don't have default OS form elements. If I want Opera to change those form elements, I would skin it so it would be different. If they revert back to the defaults, I might consider changing.
That's what I thought but the 10.5 really changed my mind.

(2010-03-14, 06:05 PM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]I tried it, it wasn't bad but for the record Chrome is faster, there is a benchmark on Tom's Hardware where they conducted several tests. The widgets were probably one of the main reasons I went back to FF and Chrome, they look like they were made by 12 year olds. Opera Dragonfly is buggy as hell and I couldn't even add a button to the status bar. AdBlock+ was also lacking in Opera. I couldn't middle mouse click the back or forward buttons. What a pain.
Not every browser has their ups and downs. In my opinion Chrome is to simple and I don't like the look of it, prefer the Firefox and Opera GUI over it.
I have Opera 10.0 and don't really care for it. I might upgrade sometime.
Still using Google ChromeToungue. It's not that I don't like opera it's that it does to much for me. I want a web browsers not an all in one thing.
(2010-03-14, 07:24 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Still using Google ChromeToungue. It's not that I don't like opera it's that it does to much for me. I want a web browsers not an all in one thing.

In my opinion, plugins should extend the use of the browser. The core features should only include essential functions for browsing and plugins should turn it into an 'all in one thing'.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7