MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sick Sigs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Bluehost was recommended to me by other webowners I'm friends with who run wordpress.. I've had no issues with it honestly other than I find my pages always load on the slow side..

I don't know if that's due to my host, the files being uploaded, or something I'm doing
It's the host. Find some other page that uses BH and it'll be equally slow.
Ok that's what I was afraid of..

so you recommend dreamhost?
For a GFX-oriented website I'd definitely expect a better logo.. and what is up with the background? Doesn't really suit imo.

If you want to start a successful GFX site.. at least make it look good.
DreamHost is amazing. Check out cmybb.com, epic uptime.

So is BlueHost a free host? I looked on their site but its kinda... retarded.
I looked at the logo, then at the unfinished theme. It didn't give out a great first impression.
(2010-04-27, 08:21 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]For a GFX-oriented website I'd definitely expect a better logo.. and what is up with the background? Doesn't really suit imo.

If you want to start a successful GFX site.. at least make it look good.

Haha well let me say again for the 100th time I'm working on a new logo.. i just uploaded the software friday.. and the background on the forum goes along with the site's homepage..
(2010-04-27, 08:22 PM)RozzyFX Wrote: [ -> ]DreamHost is amazing. Check out cmybb.com, epic uptime.

So is BlueHost a free host? I looked on their site but its kinda... retarded.

no bluehost is not free lol.. the site does look weak i'll admit
(2010-04-27, 08:23 PM)Tweep Cat Wrote: [ -> ]I looked at the logo, then at the unfinished theme. It didn't give out a great first impression.

see my reply above
You've actually said you're making a new logo... about 4 times.
Yes I've read that, but that's really no excuse imo. You'd have been better off to get yourself a custom theme, fix your logo, arrange forums, etc. BEFORE you post it up for review. 'I'm working on it' isn't very promising coupled with the fact that most people say that then turn to Afresh. First impressions matter.. quite a bit. It can be the difference between thousands of members registering or not.
(2010-04-27, 08:28 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I've read that, but that's really no excuse imo. You'd have been better off to get yourself a custom theme, fix your logo, arrange forums, etc. BEFORE you post it up for review. 'I'm working on it' isn't very promising coupled with the fact that most people say that then turn to Afresh. First impressions matter.. quite a bit. It can be the difference between thousands of members registering or not.

I wasn't really posting it for review just looking for some input and see if anyone wanted to register.. I'm well aware I have plenty of work to do yet
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11