MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Great Software. Not so great support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quote:This causes a poor CTR which I would like to avoid.

A poor CTR is not a TOS breaker. And realistically if you have a high CTR you're more likely to be flagged for click fraud. Just how it is.
(2010-05-09, 06:22 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:This causes a poor CTR which I would like to avoid.

A poor CTR is not a TOS breaker. And realistically if you have a high CTR you're more likely to be flagged for click fraud. Just how it is.

Not a TOS breaker certainly but puts your account into "smart pricing" which would be a awful.
I disagree. Although i had a somewhat disappointing interaction with support regarding a fix for a rare MyBB bug which i wanted to discuss in PM, i think they do a great Job. Most of the support is answering repetitive questions over and over again. I would flame the orange out of people if i was support here.. It's like no one uses the search and expects answers within minutes..
Quote: i think they do a great Job

I'm not sure that's the issue being discussed here. It's more about the response time and input. I see posts go days sometimes with no responses in the General Support area. I've had to bump a few of my posts there after it's burried onto page 5 with no response.

With other active forums support software there is such a larger amount of activity than MyBB has. Just about all the others have large support teams while MyBB has only a handful of active people.
(2010-05-09, 08:03 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: i think they do a great Job

I'm not sure that's the issue being discussed here. It's more about the response time and input. I see posts go days sometimes with no responses in the General Support area. I've had to bump a few of my posts there after it's burried onto page 5 with no response.

With other active forums support software there is such a larger amount of activity than MyBB has. Just about all the others have large support teams while MyBB has only a handful of active people.

Just about all the others are longer around than MyBB, hence more people with knowlegde about the software/code. I am regularly asked what forumsoftware my site is based on, and for most people it's a new name on the block.

It's one of the easiest modifiable forumsoftwares i tried out tho.. I am pretty sure that with the growth of mybb forumsoftware users, the level of expertise will grow too.
It's more about the interaction "tendency" here. Response time {if ever replied}. Most similar forum tend to receive question which has been asked again and again. And this is where the regular users " not the official staff" chip in and point to the thread which could solve an issue. Also search do work but not always. Some have different template.. some do not understand .. each one of the user has a different level of expertise and we can't ignore it.
I see the points you are raising. However, if you are going to just say the support is crap after not getting a response in one day, then you need to show patience.

Also, nobody noticed this is posted in the wrong forum, as usual here.
(2010-05-09, 06:21 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]Labrocca hit this right on the spot.

(2010-05-09, 04:12 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see too many experienced members that are qualified who are not already on staff or are too busy to be on staff.

I agree completely. There aren't many experienced users who regularly go through threads.

(2010-05-09, 08:03 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]It's more about the response time and input. I see posts go days sometimes with no responses in the General Support area. I've had to bump a few of my posts there after it's burried onto page 5 with no response.

Again, I agree. People often say I answer everything but that's not the case, I very regularly leave a load of threads for other people to answer but they still go without replies, so I can't win. If I do a clean sweep I'm told I answer everything and if I leave threads people complain there's no responses. Catch 22.

(2010-05-09, 07:57 AM)Disturbed Wrote: [ -> ]Although i had a somewhat disappointing interaction with support regarding a fix for a rare MyBB bug which i wanted to discuss in PM

As I've already said, your fix caused more problems than it solved, I even asked Ryan Gordon and he agreed. At the time you PM'd me I had a lot on and I'm sure a developer wouldn't have minded checking it.
(2010-05-09, 01:34 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-09, 07:57 AM)Disturbed Wrote: [ -> ]Although i had a somewhat disappointing interaction with support regarding a fix for a rare MyBB bug which i wanted to discuss in PM

As I've already said, your fix caused more problems than it solved, I even asked Ryan Gordon and he agreed. At the time you PM'd me I had a lot on and I'm sure a developer wouldn't have minded checking it.

My only concern was security. My fix doesn't seem to break that, and is the only way to make sure my forum works bugfree... So for me it's a non-issue now..

Because you are saying it causes problems i will refrain from recommending this fix to people when i see threads about it..
Quote:point to the thread which could solve an issue.

Hey...I just noticed that the Similar Thread function of MyBB is disabled here? Why is that? I would think on support forums it would be very useful. Often times I just don't feel inspired enough to hunt down a thread because a member is too lazy or stupid to use search properly. The Similar Threads might really help members.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6