MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Great Software. Not so great support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2010-05-18, 10:32 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-18, 10:30 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-18, 09:34 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I agree. The support is not so great here.

Thanks for your wonderful constructive criticism. It really helps us do better.

I doubt that the support will be improved any time soon around here.

Yes, so let's all be pessimistic and offer nonconstructive complaints and everything will solve itself.
Anyone smell that? I think it's discontent.
(2010-05-18, 10:36 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-18, 09:34 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I agree. The support is not so great here.

Yes, so let's all be pessimistic and offer nonconstructive complaints and everything will solve itself.

Mr Ryan Gordon, please understand me that I was not being pessimistic but I was being realistic by posting my honest opinion. Which is that from the way things look until now, I doubt the support will be improved. Am I not allowed to express my opinion?
(2010-05-18, 10:39 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]

Mr Ryan Gordon, please understand me that I was not being pessimistic but I was being realistic by posting my honest opinion. Which is that from the way things look until now, I doubt the support will be improved. Am I not allowed to express my opinion?

You sure are allowed to express your opinion. However if you actually wanted to be of any help, you shouldn't just go "you suck." If I was your English teacher in the 5th grade and you turned in a paper all full of errors and I gave you a 0 and said "redo it" how would you take that? Wouldn't you expect the teacher to help you through your mistakes by explaining to them what you did wrong and how to improve?

Same applies here.
(2010-05-18, 10:43 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-18, 10:39 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]

You sure are allowed to express your opinion. However if you actually wanted to be of any help, you shouldn't just go "you suck." If I was your English teacher in the 5th grade and you turned in a paper all full of errors and I gave you a 0 and said "redo it" how would you take that? Wouldn't you expect the teacher to help you through your mistakes by explaining to them what you did wrong and how to improve?

Same applies here.

I have never said support sucks here. I said only that I agree with the op that support is not great and I doubt that it will improve anytime soon. That is all I siad.
What Ryan is basically saying is if your going to call it not so great. Offer ways to improve it...
The reason why your response was not constructive that_guy is because you provided no support for your opinion. If you want people to value your opinion and if you want your opinion to be useful to others you need to provide reasoning and that way we can make an informed choice about firstly if we support your opinion and secondly what we can do to rectify the problems which caused your opinion. Right now the only people who are going to support your opinion are those who already have the same opinion so you’re not achieving anything by expressing your opinion because you’re not going to persuade anyone to support it.
(2010-05-19, 09:17 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]Don't count on help around here.

What does that sort of comment achieve??

If you think the support is so bad, why don't you contribute??
(2010-05-18, 10:51 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]I have never said support sucks here. I said only that I agree with the op that support is not great and I doubt that it will improve anytime soon. That is all I siad.

Well offer ways that it can be improved.

Sorry but to be honest i am not seeing it. Me and the developers may not see eye to eye on a some things but i am gonna be honest and say support is not a issue here and not one i have seen since arriving in Sept 2006 and i think it is better then most other places i have been and or used. Keep in mind i use IPB as well. I think part of the problem is with people asking for Plugin/mod support in the MYBB support forums. That is not where that goes and thus not something the developers/support staff here is responsible for. Not saying you but i find that most of have had issues with support here is because they were asking for the wrong support and thus had to do with the plugins/mods and or even themes and NOT mybb support. Can tell you now the same will happen even at IPB if you do the same.
I'd have to agree with Harry on that point - a lot of users are asking for plugin support/creation which in reality has nothing to do with general support.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6