MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: why ICQ, MSN, AIM still in profile and not FB, Twitter, etc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
yes I do. is it different where you are at?
MSN is still big in the UK, although less popular than Facebook, it is still the primary IM client of the UK and a lot of europe (though I can't cast down any certainties on that)
do you see a lot of users posting their AIM and MSN info in their profiles on the forums you visit?

still, maintaining support for the least used system(s) and not offering it for the most used system(s) seems odd to me.
Everyone uses MSN here as well as Facebook. MSN is private while Facebook is completely public
I see where people coming from with the profile field that could be added to any forum software via custom coding but, i going tell you there will be forum software that will be little more updated to reflex Facebook, Twitter and MySpace in the profile pages as yet we not really got name but forum self being built slowly.
MSN is probably still the most used IM system in America, excluding Facebook.
okay, so MSN is still in good use everywhere, but i still dont see it linked in user profiles on the forums I visit.
Less then 500 user set a MSN on this community: http://community.mybb.com/memberlist.php...00&msn=%40
If you use the right msn/aim/yahoo/etc client, you can send encrypted messages, that their respective owners can't read. You cannot do that on facebook, twitter, or myspace.
(2010-05-23, 04:42 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]If you use the right msn/aim/yahoo/etc client, you can send encrypted messages, that their respective owners can't read. You cannot do that on facebook, twitter, or myspace.

What's that go to do with whether MyBB should keep them or not?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6