MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HDGFX - Art in High Definition.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(2010-05-30, 07:52 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-29, 04:09 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Just seeing number 1 on the Rules Page sums up how professional this forum will be!!

I don't see anything wrong with that...

Because virtually every field in the workplace disallows profanity, as it doesn't provide potential and/or exisiting customers a professional perception of your company. Also, the wording for your rule is very vague when it ends with "little is alright, but don't go over the top". Am I able to make racist and other derogatory terms so long as I keep it to a minimum?

But other then that, overall your forum is quite nice. The only thing I don't like though is the second header underneath your logo. It looks out of place. Smile
(2010-05-31, 04:31 AM)spaceinvaders Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-30, 07:52 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-29, 04:09 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Just seeing number 1 on the Rules Page sums up how professional this forum will be!!

I don't see anything wrong with that...
Also, the wording for your rule is very vague when it ends with "little is alright, but don't go over the top". Am I able to make racist and other derogatory terms so long as I keep it to a minimum?

Do you really think the sarcasm is necessary? Of course your not aloud, hes saying you can swear minimally (maybe once every couple posts) but going over the top is prohibited. I really don't know why your picking the site apart in context to one rule...
I can't wait until lufbra and and spaceinvaders make a showcase thread about their amazing sites.
He means you can say, "god i had a hard fing day at work. You know those days where everything goes wrong? Bosses daughter comes in hits on me. And i have a girlfriend. Boss wants me to show her around, i can't drink, got more work in the morning... you know" that kind of swearing. He's not like me allowing "f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f ff bb b b b bmfmfmfmfmfmmfmf f bbbb b bb b b bb b b!!!!" You have to be an idiot (Like myself) to do that. And i put rozzy much higher then an idiot. Hes a good guy. Lufbra, i know you like to help people by being harsh. Tough love, i get it. But give him a break.
Thanks 41shots, it means a lot. Big Grin
And yeah thats what I mean.
(2010-05-31, 04:47 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]He means you can say, "god i had a hard fing day at work. You know those days where everything goes wrong? Bosses daughter comes in hits on me. And i have a girlfriend. Boss wants me to show her around, i can't drink, got more work in the morning... you know" that kind of swearing. He's not like me allowing "f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f ff bb b b b bmfmfmfmfmfmmfmf f bbbb b bb b b bb b b!!!!" You have to be an idiot (Like myself) to do that. And i put rozzy much higher then an idiot. Hes a good guy. Lufbra, i know you like to help people by being harsh. Tough love, i get it. But give him a break.

Just as a FYI 41shots, I was referring to the actual text in the rules section (rule #1). If you read it properly it's stating that no bad language is allowed, then in the very next sentence (same rule) it's stating that "some" bad language would be allowed! So in other words he's saying no bad language allowed, then he's saying "some" bad language allowed.....That's what I'm meaning about it not being very professional, as the rule is written now, it's totally illogical...You either accept bad language or you don't!

Not that anyone can now see it cos the forum is down!
Up for me. And lufbra Logic is illogical so you can't use that arguement.
Lufbra I don't see what you don't understand about "No swearing - A little is alright but don't go over the top". Do you have problems?
(2010-05-31, 09:59 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]Lufbra I don't see what you don't understand about "No swearing - A little is alright but don't go over the top". Do you have problems?

I can't believe we're still having this argument. To settle this, I have to agree with lufbra. You're contradicting yourself by saying "No swearing - A little is alright but don't go over the top".

I took a Logic class and I can assure you that argument is contradictory. You have two arguments: argument P= "No swearing"; and argument Q = "a little is alright but don't go over the top".
Logically, if P is True, Q must be false. They both cannot be True to make a True conclusion.

If you still don't understand, just wait a couple of years until you hit puberty and maybe you'll develop some brains as well.

So stop making stupid arguments defending your original stupid argument and fix it.

I suggest you change it to "We have little tolerance for swearing in our forums. Excessive swearing will result in a warning." or something.

I understand lufbra maybe didn't use the right words at first, but he managed to clearly explain himself and you're still acting like a complete idiot.

Was I harsh? Good.
(2010-06-01, 12:17 AM)webaph Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-31, 09:59 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]Lufbra I don't see what you don't understand about "No swearing - A little is alright but don't go over the top". Do you have problems?

I can't believe we're still having this argument. To settle this, I have to agree with lufbra. You're contradicting yourself by saying "No swearing - A little is alright but don't go over the top".

Does it freaken matter? Anyone with monkeys brain would be able to grasp what he means.

Quote:I took a Logic class and I can assure you that argument is contradictory. You have two arguments: argument P= "No swearing"; and argument Q = "a little is alright but don't go over the top".
Logically, if P is True, Q must be false. They both cannot be True to make a True conclusion.

What is the definition of logic, as what one sees, or the community? The fact that its both makes logic contradictory, so as i said above, logic means nothing.

Quote:If you still don't understand, just wait a couple of years until you hit puberty and maybe you'll develop some brains as well.

Still waiting for that yourself?

Quote:So stop making stupid arguments defending your original stupid argument and fix it.

The same to you good sir.

Quote:I suggest you change it to "We have little tolerance for swearing in our forums. Excessive swearing will result in a warning." or something.

You could've just said that, and skipped this entire argument.

Quote:I understand lufbra maybe didn't use the right words at first, but he managed to clearly explain himself and you're still acting like a complete idiot.

If he was acting like an idiot (Which he isn't) I'd say that your keeping him great company in that boat.

Quote:Was I harsh? Good.

Was i?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14