MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When did this come in?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Quote:Getting Your Thread Approved

* The thread must be created by the author of the item
* The item must be freely available for download (paid items will not be tolerated)
* The author must be able to provide support for their posted items
* All posted threads must be written in the English language

Please allow up to 48 hours for your thread to be approved. Lastly, please do show some appreciation to the hard working authors of the items by thanking them for all the time and effort they put in for you.

Really? I find this kinda a huge disgrace to our great paid plugin makers. I'm sure you contacted them before. I just want to say that its quite stupid. All the contributions that they make to the community, helping new plugin makers, and just providing great quality plugins. :/
Agreed, I have some paid items in the Releases sub-forum in Themes and Templates forum. What will happen to those, they are my only way to get customers.
Don't worry, we won't remove them. This only applies to the future.

Why? Because the Plugin/Theme Releases forum will be archived and replaced with a forum that sync's with the official MyBB Mods site in due time. This allows us to set the policy in place and let you make the changes you need before we do start enforcing it.

If you have any further questions, please do ask. We're open to suggestions but we will eventually archive the plugins/themes releases forums and sync it simply to the official MyBB mods site.
I'll be honest, i don't go to MyBB-Plugins or MyBB Central ever. Unless i need something. :/ What about a paid subforum?
Integration is finally coming!

And, along those lines it does make a lot of sense.
(2010-05-24, 02:57 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be honest, i don't go to MyBB-Plugins or MyBB Central ever. Unless i need something. :/ What about a paid subforum?

No, we're not going to have a paid subforum.

Why, because almost none of the current plugins that are made for MyBB are legally operating right now. Almost all are being sold on proprietary licenses which is not compatible with our GNU/GPL license. We need to separate ourselves from that mindset and move into the legal clear.
(2010-05-24, 03:00 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-24, 02:57 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be honest, i don't go to MyBB-Plugins or MyBB Central ever. Unless i need something. :/ What about a paid subforum?

No, we're not going to have a paid subforum.

Why, because almost none of the current plugins that are made for MyBB are legally operating right now. Almost all are being sold on proprietary licenses which is not compatible with our GNU/GPL license. We need to separate ourselves from that mindset and move into the legal clear.
Correct Angel. I guess (as I am planning to make some new paid themes for MyBB soon) I will have to sell my themes on my own site Smile.
I guess this is where things like ShopMyBB come into play.

People are going to have to get creative to attract users to their sites if posting in the Mod/Theme Forums is now forbidden (Paid)
Indeed. I think this will boost everyone in the end. Once all the confusion and contention that's held back a lot of parts to the community is dissolved, I think everyone will start to benefit.

Things will get a little worse before they better first though.
Yeah I agree. There will be a lot of:

"WTF? Thats retarded. Im leaving!"

But maybe this will encourage people to help the Free Mods/Themes Grow.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5