MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Clan Suite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
You rock mini! This is a great addon for my website. So far, I don't have any issues with it. I will mess with it some more and ask members if they encounter any bugs and also for suggestions for future additions to this.

cheers!
I actually had some ideas presented to me already in an email from a clan member.

- Join us page for an application to join the clan. Could have a way to select what squad you want to join if we have the ability to take squad or team list from the roster info.

- Challenge page. Simple form to challenge or request scrim with ability to select whether or not it is a scrim, match for fun, or full on match. Then also have the ability to select which squad the challenge is for.

that's it for now
got a question. Where do you apply permissions for all of this? Like who has rights to add stuff or change things for roster, news, servers, matches.. ?
Administrators do, but I wouldn't mind changing that, to allow certain people to have access. I'll experiment with it, and I will also mess around with the suggestions you've made.
To allow for only a certain group to change the new/roster/match/server plugin, all you do is create a new group, allow for access to the Admin CP, and then disable anything that a normal admin would do found in Admin Permissions -> Group Permissions.
Although, I haven't tried it yet but I saw the demos, so far it looks pretty awesome to me.

Could you add a feature where we can add a "Clan Image" on our post bit? It can be easier to distinguish clans that are on the same forums that way.

Hey everyone,

Just to clear things up, I am happy with Mini taking over development and he seems to be doing a smashing job! If you do need any help feel free to contact me via PM and I will reply unlike before Smile

Thanks for supporting the project!
As a suggestion, instead of Match Video perhaps there should be Match Screenshot for PC gamers that don't want to record the whole match as proof but just want to show the final screen as evidence of victory.
Ah so like, I could do a box for HTML code that would allow for an Image or a video... Or I could make a dropdown box where you select Image or Video and so forth... I'll probably add some things this week sometime...

Edit:
I just saw this Wink

(2011-03-05, 04:40 PM)Benely Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone,

Just to clear things up, I am happy with Mini taking over development and he seems to be doing a smashing job! If you do need any help feel free to contact me via PM and I will reply unlike before Smile

Thanks for supporting the project!
I'll let you know if I need anything Wink Glad you don't mind me adding to your work!

Also
(2011-03-03, 11:37 AM)iDude Wrote: [ -> ]Although, I haven't tried it yet but I saw the demos, so far it looks pretty awesome to me.

Could you add a feature where we can add a "Clan Image" on our post bit? It can be easier to distinguish clans that are on the same forums that way.
I'm not sure what you mean, like just tell me what size of image so I can picture it better Wink Because using the team image on the Suite now would be a bit awkward and perhaps too big. Unless it was placed in the signature.
Well any member of that clan will automatically get an image of about (+/-)40x100 on their post bit. Or it can be one their signature space as well.

That way they can differentiate with who's on which clan and who's clan-less. It can be useful for clans on the same forum.

User-groups can also be used but since it's a clan suite...

Just my random ideaSmile
You could also make a generic field that accepts MyCode so you can add both a video/picture if you want that way there's no need to worry about abusing HTML codes Smile
(2011-03-08, 01:27 AM)PwnEm Wrote: [ -> ]You could also make a generic field that accepts MyCode so you can add both a video/picture if you want that way there's no need to worry about abusing HTML codes Smile
I just had an idea... Why not just take out the video option. And then encourage users to put the video or Picture of final score in the Match Report. It's not like anyone types out the whole paragraph of what happened anyway...
yeah, the screenshot addition option would be handy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12